Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How much did your home build cost?

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I can't find a similar thread so I have created this new topic. I know that total build cost will depend on many factors e.g. upgrades, type of materials, size of the house, site cost etc but just to get an idea how much is the total build cost these days.

It would be great if you could please mention the total contract price, volume or custom builder, total size of the house (pricing excludes landscape, fencing and pool).

We are building a 52 square 2 storey home with a volume builder and the total contract price is $615k. Some upgrades are LED down lights, reverse cycle cooling and heating, 2740mm ceiling to ground floor and 2590mm ceiling to first floor. Double glazed windows throughout. I hope this price is just about right given the size.

Thanks
basicbeans
Hi there,

I can't find a similar thread so I have created this new topic. I know that total build cost will depend on many factors e.g. upgrades, type of materials, size of the house, site cost etc but just to get an idea how much is the total build cost these days.

It would be great if you could please mention the total contract price, volume or custom builder, total size of the house (pricing excludes landscape, fencing and pool).

We are building a 52 square 2 storey home with a volume builder and the total contract price is $615k. Some upgrades are LED down lights, reverse cycle cooling and heating, 2740mm ceiling to ground floor and 2590mm ceiling to first floor. Double glazed windows throughout. I hope this price is just about right given the size.

Thanks

FWIW that price sounds great to me for a home that big, with raised ceilings and double glazed windows!
Yes agree, 52sq at $615k with upgrades. Who are you building with ?
basicbeans

Thanks

That's great value, finalise the geotech report, check the engineering, sign the contract, have them start within a few weeks and buy a lotto ticket, before someone in the office realises they made a costly mistake... otherwise you may get hit with variations
OT the Engineering Increases considerably with a home>500m2 .
LOL you cant add 2 x 250m2 homes together and expect to pay the same
That's great value, we're paying a bit under that with Domaine Homes (inc. our land obviously). We went with the Arizona 26, but also looked at the Carolina 29. They have this Price Your Home tool that might help compare some things? Domaine are project builders, and you're right, that does adjust cost etc. when comparing.
That price is ridiculously cheap on a house that size the quantity of LED downlights alone would be in excess of 100 that’s minimum $10k just there not to mention the amount of windows that are double glazed $$$ sign that contract mate
Adding a 20x20 recreation room prices $48,000 on the average, whereas adding a 12x12 room prices concerning $17,300. Attaching a restroom begins at $18,000. Get free estimations from residence addition contractors close to you or read our price guide.
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum