Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sewer Junction Location Question

Page 1 of 1
Hi my builder has told me that there’s an issue with my current design because of the sewer junction location. This is what was sent to me.

“There is an issue with the design and sewer junction. The sewer junction is currently located under the dwelling which cannot be done. I believe there to be a few options:

1) The sewer Junction needs to be cut back however because of how deep the junction is, this would involve modification of the other service infrastructure (due its proximity to the sewer), removing the foot path and possibly altering the car bay. This would be a very expensive exercise.

2) A new sewer junction could be brought in from the main sewer line underneath the road. I would imagine this would also be expensive.

3) A new sewer run could cut and brought in from Lot 16 (neighbour block) sewer line and run to a location in front of our proposed garage. However you would need to register an easement and this would have to be agreed upon with the current owner and future owner would need to be made aware.

4) Redesign the front of the dwelling so that it isn’t built on top of the sewer I.O.”

I feel like they should have picked up on this at the house design stage and not at council approval stage... a couple of quick questions:

1. Is this a big issue?
2. What would be my best option? I was hoping it could be easily relocated to the side of the house?
Bobjane

I feel like they should have picked up on this at the house design stage and not at council approval stage... a couple of quick questions:

1. Is this a big issue?
2. What would be my best option? I was hoping it could be easily relocated to the side of the house?

That could have been picked up at the initial design stage
either by your designer, builder or yourself
Unfortunately people make mistakes and owners pay
BTW,The information is freely available on the net here
Dial before you dig
It now becomes an expensive issue for you
unfortunately, the effects of state government privatisation and strict licensing
Any thoughts on the available options or other options?
Hi Bobjane
The cheapest option
would be 4 above ....redesign
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

27/08/2023
Sewer pipes under slab

General Discussion

Thanks that link in particular is really useful.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum