Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Need some advice about building proposal

Page 2 of 2
Hey mate,
I can't comment on other states, but I have done plenty of splitters in QLD under similar scenarios.
If you're in Brisbane I can probably give you more advice on how this all works.
I agree that the proposed deal seems excessive, but end of the day they aren’t holding a gun to your head to sign up and I can’t see why everyone’s losing their minds just because a business is trying to maximise making money. It’s like the general angst on this forum towards trades, oh they’re charging too much etc. Walk away. Try someone else.
gillybean
I agree that the proposed deal seems excessive, but end of the day they aren’t holding a gun to your head to sign up and I can’t see why everyone’s losing their minds just because a business is trying to maximise making money. It’s like the general angst on this forum towards trades, oh they’re charging too much etc. Walk away. Try someone else.

I'm all good with a business maximizing their profits but not at our expense. Yep you're 100% right nobody is holding a gun to our head. It is obvious to me now, we should be shopping around. This post was made because the entire process is completely foreign to me. Happy so many people have shared their opinions.
Keep in mind that your mother will have to pay capital gains tax on the block she sells. Often for an owner occupier it is better value to sell the large block and be exempt from tax because it's your own home. As soon as it's 2 blocks you have to pay tax on one of them.

amilelka
Keep in mind that your mother will have to pay capital gains tax on the block she sells. Often for an owner occupier it is better value to sell the large block and be exempt from tax because it's your own home. As soon as it's 2 blocks you have to pay tax on one of them.

That's something I'm looking into atm. The property was bought before September 1985 so I'm curious if the sale would be exempt from CGT. Talking to a solicitor this week to find out.
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

29/10/2023
Need Subfloor Advice for a new build!

Building A New House

XCEM Alpha flooring seems to relatively new and I could not found any reviews. Have you or someone you know have used it and would recommend over other subfloor options?…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum