Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 1 of 1
Hi there. We are just about to sign up with Wisdom homes. But we have been told by few people to avoid this and go to a different builder as there will huge extensive delays by Wisdom homes . We are very much confused on how to proceed further. Can anyone who is currently building or recently built with Wisdom homes can advise?
Delays may not be a major problem if everything else is good. Check the proposed contract. What is the amount of liquidated damages per week that wisdom will pay you if they are late beyond the contract building time? If this is about the same as your rent and other costs per week then it could be ok if there are some delays to get what you want. It will also provide wisdom with incentive to finish quickly. If it’s peanuts the builder has no respect for your time or money, and I suggest considering another builder who is more realistic and puts their money where their mouth is.
[quote="Samnag":rnhg6m3v]Hi there. We are just about to sign up with Wisdom homes. But we have been told by few people to avoid this and go to a different builder as there will huge extensive delays by Wisdom homes . We are very much confused on how to proceed further. Can anyone who is currently building or recently built with Wisdom homes can advise?[/quote:rnhg6m3v]

Every builder will have delays of some sort. I am building with Wisdom and have built several houses before and certainly wouldn’t says delays were extensive. You really don’t want a house that’s built fast anyway. Personally I will build with Wisdom again

You may also wish to join the Wisdom thread.
[quote="Samnag":njumrr13]Hi there. We are just about to sign up with Wisdom homes. But we have been told by few people to avoid this and go to a different builder as there will huge extensive delays by Wisdom homes . We are very much confused on how to proceed further. Can anyone who is currently building or recently built with Wisdom homes can advise?[/quote:njumrr13]

Hi Sam, if you haven’t proceed with Wisdom home I would say don’t go. They are nothing but piece of your lifetime worry. I am currently building with them at Newpark and I am having so much trouble with them.
Samnag
Hi there. We are just about to sign up with Wisdom homes. But we have been told by few people to avoid this and go to a different builder as there will huge extensive delays by Wisdom homes . We are very much confused on how to proceed further. Can anyone who is currently building or recently built with Wisdom homes can advise?

We were in admin for 3 years...... but since site work has started it has been flying along.... maybe even too fast for my liking
Consider the action made against Wisdom Homes by the ACCC in 2018 to change their unfair contract terms. This may provide some insights.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum