Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner - Twin Waters (slightly modified)

Page 1 of 1
Been reading threads on here for a while and I've got really good advice and opinions which have helped us along the way. It's now my time to share
It has not been easy getting to this point though as our land is a battleaxe with a downward sloping driveway so most builders weren't keen to work on it and on top of that we had some sales people telling us they could, only for their building engineers to say they couldn't.

Anyway our timeline so far;
Here's the modified plans. Quite disheartening for a 296sqm home to turn to be around 230sqm or less. It didn't occur to us that walls are added up in the total size..

Good luck! Things are about to get very exciting 🍾
Some progress photos

Looks good !
Harweeeee
Looks good !

Thanks...exciting times...

Final product...now to landscaping..

Looks great!
Beautiful! Love the We're currently looking at the Twin Waters 300 plan... Anything that you'd look out for or recommend with this plan? We're thinking of bumping out the garage to 6m width... and reconfiguring some of the upstairs. Hope you're enjoying your new home!
Which GJ's are you building with? It looks like the plans changed from when we built. From what I can see now, bed 5 (which we have) has been changed to linen which makes sense as it is too small and in retrospect we could have made it bigger. Also, make sure you're comfortable with the room sizes as we found them to be small, so increase them if you can.

Other than that, you can have a look at how we reconfigured the master and Cinema. Also, if $$ allows, you can have a balcony upstairs with your master.
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum