Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Site Costs - Other Peoples Experiences

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

We are looking at building on a 1000m block down the Sapphire Coast NSW.

We have some idea of home build costs, however we would love to know other peoples experiences in what it cost to get the site ready for a 4 bedroom home on a level block, or even people who had a slight incline. Was it what you were expected? Once you had the land paid for, you paid your stamp duty, then a build price, what actually ended up being the "other costs". Not so worried about landscaping and everything obvious like that, just really getting the site ready for construction costs.

Thanks heaps!
Nick
Ours is a double-storey house, Sydney, and the 585sqm block was very near flat; no drop from the rear to the front of the "building envelope" (is that the right name for where they built the house?), and about 800mm from left to right.
Finished 3yrs ago, so some of this will have gone up by as much as 10% I imagine.

I've gone back & checked the signed contract, it says (inc GST):
$37500 Site Costs (water connection, power connection, piering, concrete pump, sewer, stormwater, kerb cutting, NBN underground conduit, travel/zone allowances) (removing excess spoilage would've been our problem if there had been any)
$10500 Statutory Costs (slab, siltation/erosion measures, fencing, roof safety rails, design for stormwater, council & Sydney Water reports & fees, construction certificate inspections & fees, streetscape survey/report, $5k in drop-edge beam, meeting N2 wind-rating requirements)
$2500 Basix Requirements (I don't even know what this is for now I look at it, as it includes stuff that's charged elsewhere & the total is nowhere near enough to cover the listed items - AAA rated taps/showers, dual-flush toilets, R1.5 wall & R3 ceiling insulation, 1 flouro light per room, heavy duty sarking)
my current house:

Perth, WA
7 years ago
595 sqm land
~300 sqm house including garage etc
Level block, fully cleared in an estate
Side and back fencing included by estate developer, I don't have to pay.
10k provisional site cost that ended up being around 6k, so I got a refund.
Thanks a lot for your replies!
Mine was pretty good - Site costs were $6000. Single Story house on a flatish block of land (500mm fall). From that $6000, $2000 was convenant based (coloured driveway, and 25 degree roof pitch). $3000 was for deeper edge beams, and $1000 for a tree removal.
We have a 1000sqm block in WA we just had site works done on (seperate to build) and it cost $25k. It sloped about 2m back to front. Had limestone retaining done in three levels.

Related
7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum