Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Can i change colour of my facade during Construction?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Can someone help me please?
Is it possible to change the colours of tiles in my facade during construction?
I have talked to my builder and they said not possible due to several reason!
Can i ask someone if they were able to change it and how?
Thank you in advance!
They probably already ordered the tiles. I’d think it would be possible to change however it’d more than likely be expensive to do so. Sounds like the builder can’t be bothered anyway. Good luck.
gillybean
They probably already ordered the tiles. I’d think it would be possible to change however it’d more than likely be expensive to do so. Sounds like the builder can’t be bothered anyway. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply.
I was happy to bear the expense but they said like can not be changed as colour for external of home submitted to council and construction certificate is according to that.
Not sure if they are telling me the truth or just Dnt want to help out.
Thanks for your reply
For what it’s worth, we didn’t select our external paint colours until a couple of months ago - and we got CC last year.
Hillsbuilds
For what it’s worth, we didn’t select our external paint colours until a couple of months ago - and we got CC last year.

Thank you for your reply!
I will talk to them again!
MrSingh
Hillsbuilds

Is your build via complying development or council approval? Facade colours are included in the documentation provided to council to get your building approval. Perhaps regardless of your willingness to pay a fee, they just can’t be bothered. If I were you, and I had to do it many time during my build, approach council yourself and take it into your own hands.... if you want it bad enough that is!

MrsJM
MrSingh
Hillsbuilds

Is your build via complying development or council approval? Facade colours are included in the documentation provided to council to get your building approval. Perhaps regardless of your willingness to pay a fee, they just can’t be bothered. If I were you, and I had to do it many time during my build, approach council yourself and take it into your own hands.... if you want it bad enough that is!

Thank you
Is your build via complying development or council approval? Facade colours are included in the documentation provided to council to get your building approval. Perhaps regardless of your willingness to pay a fee, they just can’t be bothered. If I were you, and I had to do it many time during my build, approach council yourself and take it into your own hands.... if you want it bad enough that is![/quote]

Thank you MrsJM
It’s through complying development not council.
So can i contact these people directly?
Thanks for your reply!
Cheers
Facade colour will depend on the local council. In my area when I was building, the council was very strict on colour choices, so if I wanted to change the colour after approval, the builders genuinely cannot do that for me without resubmitting etc.

However other councils don't care much about facade colour and you can do what you want. I believe you can find this information in the land covenant document

The good news is in my area at least the law says if I want to do minor modifications to my house below a certain $ amount I don't need approval. So one of my neighbours built with a council approved colour, and then within about 3 days of the house being completed, he repainted the whole thing himself
if someone reports him he will probably get in trouble, but it's been 7 years and his house is still the same colour so I assume nobody snitched him out.
IsabellaBoots
Facade colour will depend on the local council. In my area when I was building, the council was very strict on colour choices, so if I wanted to change the colour after approval, the builders genuinely cannot do that for me without resubmitting etc.

However other councils don't care much about facade colour and you can do what you want. I believe you can find this information in the land covenant document

The good news is in my area at least the law says if I want to do minor modifications to my house below a certain $ amount I don't need approval. So one of my neighbours built with a council approved colour, and then within about 3 days of the house being completed, he repainted the whole thing himself
if someone reports him he will probably get in trouble, but it's been 7 years and his house is still the same colour so I assume nobody snitched him out.

Thank you Isabellaboots
Related
5/12/2023
Frustration during Construction Phase

Building A New House

sorry wrong thread - deleted my post

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum