Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Homes | QLD | Portview 31

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
We've just started with Clarendon Homes to build Portview 31. Our block is ~405m2 (40.2 x 10.1)
Timeline:
06 July 2019 - Quote from Clarendon
13 July 2019 - $2000 deposit to get tender
26 July 2019 - Received soil test and contour survey (E class slab for P site)
09 August 2019 - Received initial Preliminary Building Agreement
10 August 2019 - Signed the tender and paid $1000 for contract. Made some changes via variation request form.
29 August 2019 - Requested to redo the contract document because of increasing contract price. We should have re-tendered when we discovered the 1st tender wasn't good enough.
05 September 2019 - Signed the HIA Contract and the Building Agreement. Got $500 sales discount from the sales consultant.
I am new to this hence my apologies for stupid questions. I read an old topic (back in 2016) in this forum as per below link about some sort of discount ($3000) for "Provide 201 Day Tender in lieu of 291 Day Tender". Does anyone know if the discount was just a promotion at that time or it's been always a thing? Did you have any discounts for accepting tender before it's expired? Thanks

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84120
[quote="tiquau":1y8nvczz]I am new to this hence my apologies for stupid questions. I read an old topic (back in 2016) in this forum as per below link about some sort of discount ($3000) for "Provide 201 Day Tender in lieu of 291 Day Tender". Does anyone know if the discount was just a promotion at that time or it's been always a thing? Did you have any discounts for accepting tender before it's expired? Thanks

[url=https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84120:1y8nvczz]https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84120[/url:1y8nvczz][/quote:1y8nvczz]

Hey mate,

No it's not a promo. We have done a knock down rebuild and it was applied to my contract. We only signed up in February this year. I can't remember the exact figure though. I think if you've already signed a tender agreement, you may have missed the boat, but no harm in asking.
Welcome to both forum and fellow Clarendon builder in QLD.

Did you make many structural variations to the floorplan?

As to the tender I couldn't comment. Didn't even know it was a thing.
Rhetti
tiquau
I am new to this hence my apologies for stupid questions. I read an old topic (back in 2016) in this forum as per below link about some sort of discount ($3000) for "Provide 201 Day Tender in lieu of 291 Day Tender". Does anyone know if the discount was just a promotion at that time or it's been always a thing? Did you have any discounts for accepting tender before it's expired? Thanks

Hey mate,

No we have done a knock down rebuild and it was applied to my contract. We only signed up in February this year. I can't remember the exact figure though. I think if you've already signed a tender agreement, you may have missed the boat, but no harm in asking.

My tender doesn't have that discount term but I will check with my sales consultant to see when it is applicable. Thank you for replying
TiredHalo
Welcome to both forum and fellow Clarendon builder in QLD.

Did you make many structural variations to the floorplan?

As to the tender I couldn't comment. Didn't even know it was a thing.

We have a modified Portview 31, slight modification to bedroom 2 and bathroom upstairs, but we didn't make any structual changes in the variation request form. I also didn't know tender discount was a thing until i read the old topic. I have checked with my sales consultant to see which scenarios the discount is applied. Thanks
tiquau
Rhetti
tiquau

Hey mate,

No we have done a knock down rebuild and it was applied to my contract. We only signed up in February this year. I can't remember the exact figure though. I think if you've already signed a tender agreement, you may have missed the boat, but no harm in asking.

My tender doesn't have that discount term but I will check with my sales consultant to see when it is applicable. Thank you for replying

A response from my sales consultant for this tender discount is it was a part of their promotion - 201 day fixed price which has been abandoned a while ago.
tiquau
tiquau

A response from my sales consultant for this tender discount is it was a part of their promotion - 201 day fixed price which has been abandoned a while ago.

I'm sorry to hear that mate.
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum