Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ducted air question

Page 1 of 1
G’day all. We have walk through on Wednesday so I am concerned about this issue. Basically regardless of how high, did up to 30 degrees, the air is at best luke warm. anyone experience this or know what the problem could be. Cheers
Most, if not All air conditioners, can only alter the indoor coil to +10-12 deg on heat and -10c on colder temperatures settings.
So, say our current morning's in Sydney being about 11 deg, your best heat output is going to feel like 21 deg.
Luke warm is a very accurate description.

SteveMc
Most, if not All air conditioners, can only alter the indoor coil to +10-12 deg on heat and -10c on colder temperatures settings.
So, say our current morning's in Sydney being about 11 deg, your best heat output is going to feel like 21 deg.
Luke warm is a very accurate description.

Cheers Steve. So you are saying, for example, if it was 0 deg outside then the best you could hope for is 10 deg? What’s the point of having an air conditioner. If this is the case I want it ripped out and my money back. We had one of the ones on the wall in our Sydney home and you could definitely get different degrees of hot from it.
Not quite....

Keep in mind that's just starting temp. As the air is recirculated, bit by bit the internal temp increases. To be fair, in winter, your always going to struggle to push anything north of 24c heating wise.
What's your thermostat setting?
Do you have a thermometer /sensor that tells you your internal house temp?ie. Not the ac thermostat.
How long do you run the AC unit?

SteveMc
Not quite....

Keep in mind that's just starting temp. As the air is recirculated, bit by bit the internal temp increases. To be fair, in winter, your always going to struggle to push anything north of 24c heating wise.
Do you have a thermometer /sensor that tells you your internal house temp?ie. Not the ac thermostat.

Thanks mate. I’ve just been running it for around 10 to 20 mins as I have (snuck in to the house without permission) 🤔😁
The controller has a thermometer on it I think. It shows you the room temp. Not sure what the thermostat setting is? Where would I find that. I had it on heat on the display and just put the temp up.
Hi Salfield,

Do you have the standard controller BRC1E62? It can be set up to use the sensor in the panel or at the return air in the ceiling.

These guys have some useful videos on how to change it.. its a little cumbersome., and you probably dont want change it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxSME0k4Is
luxbuild
Hi Salfield,

Do you have the standard controller BRC1E62? It can be set up to use the sensor in the panel or at the return air in the ceiling.

These guys have some useful videos on how to change it.. its a little cumbersome., and you probably dont want change it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxSME0k4Is

Hi mate yes we have the standard controller but we also asked for a zone controller which we got but it is a little lcd screen thing that is seperate/of to the side of the standard controller.
SteveMc
Not quite....

G’day Steve. Mate went back the other day and ran it for longer and even though the air was still Luke warm to touch, it definitely warmed the rooms up, so happy days.
All good.

I guess your keeping it now

SteveMc
All good.

I guess your keeping it now

😂 they can still give me some money back though. 😂
Yeah with a huge house like yours realistically it'd take an hour or so to heat up you'd think?

Out of curiosity how many zones did you have installed?

I looked at third party controllers it was all going to be too difficult they dont work with daikin etc they wanted their own ducted system to be installed (my izone dealer only dealt with hitachi)
ourrawsonbalmoral38
Yeah with a huge house like yours realistically it'd take an hour or so to heat up you'd think?

Out of curiosity how many zones did you have installed?

I looked at third party controllers it was all going to be too difficult they dont work with daikin etc they wanted their own ducted system to be installed (my izone dealer only dealt with hitachi)

I was exactly the same as you. I’m a tech nerd and wanted the aircon that I could control with an app and have individual controlled rooms but as you say it was all to hard. In the end we have up and downstairs and a seperate zone for our bedroom as I am a shift worker. I will look at further zoning later on I think. Would like to control temp in each room
Heya Simon I just posted this on another thread where someone was talking about Rawson aircon -

In regard to having multiple air conditioning control panels, we were meant to have one upstairs & one downstairs (so just an additional $850 for the one additional) but when we were doing a walk through to look at our light & power point positions I noticed there was no mention of where the air conditioning control panels would be. When I questioned it with our SS this is the response I received -

"The A/C controller will be at the top of the stairs outside bed 5 on the hallway wall at the A/C duct position. When speaking to the air conditioning company they explained that they cannot install 2 zone controllers, so with the zone controller it will be an Airbase (WiFi) which is downloaded to a smartphone and controlled via the app."

Works out ok as we're very happy to control the AC via an app on my phone, but we're only finding this out now at the internal linings stage of our build and only because we have asked the question about where the controller panels would be, not because anyone thought to tell us that they could no longer offer something we had paid extra for.

Funnily enough wifi connectivity for the aircon was something that Rawson never offered or mentioned and other threads from Rawson owners seemed to indicate they wouldn't let you work with other wireless air conditioning control systems you might want to install (ie. the whole not allowing any other companies other than their own partners, such as The Lifestyle Store, to install things during the build). Obviously I then told him I'd be looking out for the $850 credit!
JiMb00
Heya Simon I just posted this on another thread where someone was talking about Rawson aircon -

In regard to having multiple air conditioning control panels, we were meant to have one upstairs & one downstairs (so just an additional $850 for the one additional) but when we were doing a walk through to look at our light & power point positions I noticed there was no mention of where the air conditioning control panels would be. When I questioned it with our SS this is the response I received -

"The A/C controller will be at the top of the stairs outside bed 5 on the hallway wall at the A/C duct position. When speaking to the air conditioning company they explained that they cannot install 2 zone controllers, so with the zone controller it will be an Airbase (WiFi) which is downloaded to a smartphone and controlled via the app."

Works out ok as we're very happy to control the AC via an app on my phone, but we're only finding this out now at the internal linings stage of our build and only because we have asked the question about where the controller panels would be, not because anyone thought to tell us that they could no longer offer something we had paid extra for.

Funnily enough wifi connectivity for the aircon was something that Rawson never offered or mentioned and other threads from Rawson owners seemed to indicate they wouldn't let you work with other wireless air conditioning control systems you might want to install (ie. the whole not allowing any other companies other than their own partners, such as The Lifestyle Store, to install things during the build). Obviously I then told him I'd be looking out for the $850 credit!

Cheers mate.
Related
16/01/2024
Ducted air con insulation question

General Discussion

Hi there I have a Panasonic ducted air con system.…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum