Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Boston 35

Page 4 of 6
We have had our plans with CDC certifier for 2 weeks so far, hopefully will come through this week as Clarendon said that it is normally 3-4 weeks. Our demolition approval was also received this week so we are ready to go - just have to move into the rental home now. Tiles was surprisingly reasonable...Best and easiest $900 odd dollars spent
)

We haven't received our final kitchen quote yet but we went with the thermal laminate (around $7K) for our cupboards. We have done kitchen, butlers pantry and WIP with Clarendon - I got a quote from Nobby for $19k to do just the WIP! I nearly dropped the phone so I won't be calling them back anytime soon.
Well I'm told that Clarendon has just received the storm water design so the CDC wont be lodged til early next week!! we have everything ready to go got demo approval etc. I'm told if we can go into construction stage by early or mid Nov can have slab down b4 xmas. we r moving out end of the month but CDC prob wont come thru until mid Oct. considering demolition b4 the approval comes thru so it's all ready to go once CDC comes thru to speed things up. feel like been waiting forever for CDC to be lodged!!
CDC lodged today!

LOLZ where are you upto now? has your approval come through? Have you booked for your demo? I'm told by our demo company i need to bookin 3-4 weeks in advance!
Congratulations!

We've been at CDC for 3 weeks (today) now. Apparently we will get a response within the next few days as the certifier has just requested for final documents. We haven't booked demo as our CSC said not to demolish until they give us the go ahead. When I last emailed our demo people a couple of days ago for the tentative date of 19/9, they said that this is fine. We move out in a week's time and I want to get things moving.

How do you find your CSC? I'm not really impressed because we get no updates and I've had to follow her up on a number of things and she doesn't really answer my questions. But I am so far along, that it's probably not worth raising it now.

Does anyone have any idea how long Clarendon NSW is taking for their builds at the moment?
Hi LOLZ!

Oh that's a shame about ur CSC. Mine is great. emails and calls me with updates and very prompt in replying to my emails.

I actually asked her if I should demolish before CDC approval is through, and she said she encourages us to wait, but that it's ultimately upto me. I am suprised that your CSC said not to do it. Did she explain why?

You already have demolition approval though don't you? Which demo company are you going with? How can you just do tentative booking? I haven't yet decided on the date cuz my demo company says i need to give them 21 working days notice to change the date otherwise have to pay $2k + charge for change of dates.

No idea how long Clarendon is taking with the builds, but I am expecting it to take full 12 months. So anything earlier would be a bonus. think my contract says something like 47 weeks.

How much did all your upgrades come to? I signed off on all of mine today. came to about 31k!!
Is your CSC Joedee? She said that some people have knocked down their house months in advance before anything is signed off and that she advises people to wait until she says to go ahead. But even this week she was saying its up to us and then yesterday told us to wait a few days while the CDC is finalised.

Our contract says 46 weeks but I am hoping it is quicker
This is just me wanting to get back into my own new home again.

That's a reasonable amount for your upgrades - our kitchen alone is just your amount of upgrades! We are also doing the hamptons façade, floors, lights (most of them), air con, stairs as per Parklea display etc etc. We also did extension to garage, bed 1 to front of house and grand alfresco...So it's coming under budget...NOT...hahaha (I can only laugh because I am only ever likely to do this once).
Re demo - yes I already have approval. I went with Home Demolition because the one through Clarendon was double the price. Abit pricey to charge $2K for change in date! I was sussing out if we could lock in 19/9 so it wasn't really a locked in date and because my CSC said to wait then I said I would confirm.
no my CSC is Clare.
we have done minimal upgrades and oxford fascade. we r doing floors handover. did do most of the electrical.like down lights thru Clarendon thou. also we r only doing half of grandalfresco!
other stuff we have kept mostly standard as we did not think we would spend 30k on upgrades!😂😂 so naive!
Home demo and site demo were pretty on par for me. they were the cheapest surprisingly! so in the end just chose site demo since recommended by Clarendon.
I thought we could keep the whole build under 600k including demo driveway and landscaping after. haha. doesnt look like it!!
LOLZ
how much did your tender price come to if u dont mind me asking? ours were 550k
Our tender came in at 640K because we changed the hebel to bricks under the render and we are also on a sloping block so the drop edge beam allowance was a lot more and we also have a step down in our garage (which was another $11K that we were not expecting). I think we don't think things are a lot when doing the selections because they are generally in the hundreds BUT when added up together...It blows out the cost...

The only thing for the house that we need to do post handover will be blinds and screen doors and a couple of lights.
Oh, i have no idea what Hebel is, is that what comes with the Hampton fascade?? I like all brick look so we actually had trouble picking fascade as apart from the traditional one which wasn't recommended due to looking very 'meh', all others were not all brick.

Oh are you getting the driveway done through clarendon too? We got a quote and I can't remember how much it was but it was crazy expensive and most said you can do it cheaper post handover.
Hebel is a made from concrete and the hamptons façade pricing is based on hebel. The display home is built with this product. We just prefer bricks. Could you have picked different kinds/colours of bricks to differentiate the façade? I presume this would have been at additional cost.

Driveway is being done through our landscaper. Clarendon already told us from the start that they are expensive and advised us not to do it through them. I'm still waiting for the quote...
Our worry was having 2 different coloured bricks and regretting doing so when it was actually built! I'm actually glad I didn't like the Hampton fascade as couldn't believe how expensive it was!!! It seems most others love it thou.

Oh you have landscaper already? is he good? do you mind if i get his details too? I haven't really looked into the landscaping or driveway too much. Not sure how much to budget for. I've heard it's lot more exy than ppl think it will be thou!
I am considering the Boston 35 build (master to front), with Sapphire inclusions. I am in the early stages of sorting through everything (never built before), but wanted to ask:

Any advice on this home design would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Bean 1969,
ducted aircon is included in sapphire but most people end up upgrading the aircon as the one offered can only run either downstairs or upstairs only.

No idea about eaves, we forgot to add it on for our build; would have like some in front of the garage.

We're not getting security screens so can't help you with that one. The flyscreens to all windows are included apart from the big stacker door in the living area.
LOLZ
Is your CSC Joedee? She said that some people have knocked down their house months in advance before anything is signed off and that she advises people to wait until she says to go ahead. But even this week she was saying its up to us and then yesterday told us to wait a few days while the CDC is finalised.

That's a reasonable amount for your upgrades - our kitchen alone is just your amount of upgrades! We are also doing the hamptons façade, floors, lights (most of them), air con, stairs as per Parklea display etc etc. We also did extension to garage, bed 1 to front of house and grand alfresco...So it's coming under budget...NOT...hahaha (I can only laugh because I am only ever likely to do this once).

What's your hamptons facade look like? We custom made ours because the Clarendon one was almost 40k. Ours ended up around 19k.
Rhetti
LOLZ

What's your hamptons facade look like? We custom made ours because the Clarendon one was almost 40k. Ours ended up around 19k.

It will be same as what is displayed at the Parklea display. What does your custom made one look like?
Just saw the link - looks good! Looks like your house is nearly at completion too?
lozsyd
Our worry was having 2 different coloured bricks and regretting doing so when it was actually built! I'm actually glad I didn't like the Hampton fascade as couldn't believe how expensive it was!!! It seems most others love it thou.

Oh you have landscaper already? is he good? do you mind if i get his details too? I haven't really looked into the landscaping or driveway too much. Not sure how much to budget for. I've heard it's lot more exy than ppl think it will be thou!

We haven't decided on a landscaper as yet but the ones we have asked all know of people who can do driveway.
Bean1969
I am considering the Boston 35 build (master to front), with Sapphire inclusions. I am in the early stages of sorting through everything (never built before), but wanted to ask:

• I saw earlier in this thread that ducted air is included in Sapphire, but I was quoted aircon separately?
  • What is standard for eaves, or is that extra?
  • Has anyone got a rough cost for security screens for the build?

Any advice on this home design would be appreciated.

Thanks

The eaves depend on the façade so you should check with Clarendon. We only picked up that the alfresco does not have eaves when we were at contract stage - allow budget for this as it is not included. We didn't go through Clarendon's supplier for the blinds, screen doors etc (too expensive) so we plan on doing this post handover.
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum