Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Laminate bench top with waterfall

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We are building and our kitchen has an island bench. We are having a laminate bench top as we couldn’t afford to upgrade to stone. I added 2 side panels hoping to achieve a waterfall look but am now doubting that it may not look good. Has anyone else added side panels to a laminate bench top and could show me what it looks like? Thank you 😊
[quote="zoelouise":2bqmvpcw]Has anyone else added side panels to a laminate bench top and could show me what it looks like? Thank you 😊[/quote:2bqmvpcw]

Hi, we have done exactly that in our build. Kitchen just went in a week or two ago. We went with 40mm thick laminate on the island benchtop but kept it to 32 or 33mm for the others. We then specified 32 or 33mm? Thick laminate as ‘seen end panels’.

Check out my building thread here (bottom of page 4):
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=94501&start=60

Scroll up a bit and you will see several images of the kitchen from varying angles.
darb74
[quote="zoelouise":2bqmvpcw]Has anyone else added side panels to a laminate bench top and could show me what it looks like? Thank you 😊[/quote:2bqmvpcw]

Hi, we have done exactly that in our build. Kitchen just went in a week or two ago. We went with 40mm thick laminate on the island benchtop but kept it to 32 or 33mm for the others. We then specified 32 or 33mm? Thick laminate as ‘seen end panels’.

Check out my building thread here (bottom of page 4):
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=94501&start=60

Scroll up a bit and you will see several images of the kitchen from varying angles.[/quote]

Thanks for that! Looks great. Ours is 38mm thick so will be similar thickness to yours.
Related
31/01/2024
Bench top chipped

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

These can be easily filled and repaired and it doesn't cost them much to do. Id get the builder to do this first and if the repair is not suitable then a replacement is…

14/09/2023
Bench top overhang on the side

Laundry

Thanks Ardo, they are sort of semi concealed. I think it is only a few millimetres. I see if they can adjust the hinges.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum