Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Window colour dilemma!

Page 1 of 1
I’m not sure what colour to have our windows! We are having moonshadow brick with light coloured mortar. Monument colour for roof, garage, gutters and downpipes. We had planned to have the windows in monument to match all external features but all our tap wear and handles inside are black. My question is will monument windows look weird with black tap wear? Does anyone have monument for everything else and then black windows they could show me? Please help!
Are you worried about how it will look from the inside?

We have black internal fittings like you, along with Monument/Charcoal window frames and I think it looks great together. Unless you look closely you can't even tell that the frames are not actually black.
thme
Are you worried about how it will look from the inside?

We have black internal fittings like you, along with Monument/Charcoal window frames and I think it looks great together. Unless you look closely you can't even tell that the frames are not actually black.

Yes, was worried the Monument would look weird with black fittings from the inside! Thank you, that makes me feel better!
We had that dilemma too. But I ended up choosing black for the windows even though I had selected Monument for the roof. I had a look on the outside at some display homes with Monument and it looked too washed out for me and black was more suited to stand out against my white walls.
JLL3
We had that dilemma too. But I ended up choosing black for the windows even though I had selected Monument for the roof. I had a look on the outside at some display homes with Monument and it looked too washed out for me and black was more suited to stand out against my white walls.

Thank you! Do you have black fittings inside your house as well?
zoelouise
JLL3

Thank you! Do you have black fittings inside your house as well?

I do! Black tapwear, black door handles and a black sliding door.
Related
4/04/2024
Window frame colour

Windows & Doors

Also we are planning a new monument front fence too

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum