Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Need some advice

Page 1 of 1
G'day we have chosen our vinyl planks! Now the decision on which direction to run them.The bloke at the flooring place recommended to run them away from you as you come through the entrance to give a perception of depth and space where my gut feeling says run them the length of the house. Tia
I agree with bloke at flooring store....run them along the main entry and not across IMO
I also agree with the flooring store guy

RKDALD
G'day we have chosen our vinyl planks! Now the decision on which direction to run them.The bloke at the flooring place recommended to run them away from you as you come through the entrance to give a perception of depth and space where my gut feeling says run them the length of the house. Tia

What planks did you choose?
Bebbsy
RKDALD

Same as these Bebbsy we found it hard to pick on small samples or individual planks some were too yellow,some too grey,some too green! Sometimes you have to hit enough display homes and take the colours and ideas you like.

darb74
I agree with bloke at flooring store....run them along the main entry and not across IMO

You are probably right my main worry was what they'd look like going across the hall ways
i was always told they run the length of the house?
unless you transition at the entry/living room doorway
the hallways will look terrible, imo
i just did a google and shayna blaze says the hallways determine the direction
https://www.lifestyle.com.au/experts/timber-flooring-which-direction-to-lay-the-boards-5144.aspx
RKDALD
Bebbsy
RKDALD

Same as these Bebbsy we found it hard to pick on small samples or individual planks some were too yellow,some too grey,some too green! Sometimes you have to hit enough display homes and take the colours and ideas you like.

Very nice. And I totally agree it’s very difficult to choose any flooring unless you see a large expanse already laid.

What brand are your planks?
That I couldn't tell you Bebbsy,we went to one of the builders display homes and told the flooring place we'll have the same! Better still it came in under allowance.
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

29/10/2023
Need Subfloor Advice for a new build!

Building A New House

XCEM Alpha flooring seems to relatively new and I could not found any reviews. Have you or someone you know have used it and would recommend over other subfloor options?…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum