Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fire alarm by Clarendon Homes

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
Clarendon built my home in 2015.
We have two fire alarms in a single level home.
They started chirping today !
I opened the cover and got the shock of my life (use with pun) when I discovered that the alarm was not hard wired. All it had was the usual 9 V battery.

For the last four years I had been thinking that both the alarms are hardwired. Even the cover of the alarm has the words “A.C. power”written on it.

Can anyone confirm if Clarendon hardwire their alarms ....

should this thing be in the contract, if yes, where should I look ?

Thanks you
Are you sure they aren't hardwired with a battery backup?

They typically chirp to let you know to replace the battery even if they are hard wired.
They should have a back up battery. So that if you lose power they still function.

Here’s a pic of one of them. No wires that I can see ...

The three little metal prongs just above the battery push up into the base when you close it. All the wiring is behind.
As others have mentioned the chirping noise is to alert you that the batteries have lost power and need replacing.
Related
7/06/2023
Radiant or Convection Wood Fire

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

We are tossing up between a Jarrahdale radiant wood fire (the Pioneer) and a convection wood fire (Innovator or Countryman) but cannot decide on which type of wood fire is…

2/08/2023
Fire seperation qall

General Discussion

Need some advice. Living in a townhouse with one common wall, recently we have discovered that the fire separation wall is incomplete and on further investigation, support…

13/08/2023
HOUSE FIRE

General Discussion

Not back peddling at all. You seem to have issues with comprehension my friend. Guy fcked up, he's considering being dishonest with his bank and hiding it. It will end…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum