Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bath moved! Value of private inspection?

Page 1 of 1
So I lent against the bath to open the louvre that is above it and was shocked to feel the bath spin away from my leg. Lucky that in the weeks since handover I haven't had a chance to have a bath as standing in it and leaning across to get a towel off the rack would have almost certainly resulted in the bath and I toppling over. It is up on the legs with none of it sitting on the floor and no silicone.
If I spent several hundred thousand on a new car I'd expect it to be perfect. A home is the biggest investment most people make yet builders seem to think whatever is good enough.
I'm wondering about the benefit of having someone go over the house properly. Any point five weeks after handover? It's just that things aren't noticed until you are actually using them, or lean against them.
Does a private inspection hold any weight? Worth the money spent?
We had a private inspection done prehandover it was absolutely worth it. They found things we didn’t know to look for. That said we had no major issues.

Thanks. Yes. I've been looking at some of the lists they use for inspections. Comprehensive.

Our build process was delayed a bit due to amalgamating blocks. We've known the builders for two years. We had to build from afar so didn't get a chance to visit during the build. We fully trusted the builders. They win awards. Now we are feeling so let down. It is a horrible feeling.

I've made contact with an inspector. Waiting to hear back.
Related
15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum