Jul 02, 2019 10:15 pm
We got preliminary drawings done by a builder. Next is to do some modifications and review the contract. We are taking our time and not rushing. We realise there are still many things we need to confirm before we sign so I would like to get your thoughts on the plans. I'm checking the "things you forget topic" and there is a lot of stuff that I already know about that need changing like for example:
- (kitchen layout to be confirmed) - cooktop to go on the fixed window size
- skylight in WIR to be removed since we got the window now
- cavity for future cupboards and shelving on the hallway to be reduced to 450mm depth
- TV niche width to be increased to 3000mm
- some doors to be changed to sliding doors (ensuite)
- going with double vanities
Total size is about 249sqm (including alfresco and garage), orientation is north-south (alfresco on the north), hallway is 1200mm wide.
We are not sure about some things like:
- location of HWS and A/C
- too many doors on the hallway (thinking of getting a three way bathroom to remove WC door off the hallway
- drain pipes locations
- empty space behind the mbr door
- laundry doors
- size of the BR3 and study
- window types in ensuite, WIR and in general (awning or sliding)
Any comments/thoughts are welcome. Let me know if you have any questions.
Re: New build - drawings review3
Jul 02, 2019 11:15 pm
I generally like the layout, good use of space, however I don’t like how you walk into the wardrobe, in master bedroom and potentially if bedroom door is open everyone would see directly inside.i think the en-suite/WIR area needs some rejigging, it’s the only area where space is wasted. Assume a separate toilet in en-suite is a must have?
I would also consider s three way bathroom, or at least a separate toilet, as it will work better with a family.
Re: New build - drawings review6
Jul 04, 2019 11:35 pm
I agree with above....and then I would take almost a metre out of the main bedroom and give it to either garage and family?
Check our Homeone build blog here
Re: New build - drawings review7
Jul 07, 2019 11:38 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies!
Unfortunately we are limited by the width so can't do much with garage-hallway-br widths.
We will be changing entrance to mbr so it doesn't come straight off the hallway, essentially we will rotate door by 90 deg and have a little hallway for mbr entry.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic