Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Interim Occupational Certificate change coming

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know how the changes will impact them?

Apparently the change is coming on September 1, 2019 and it was delayed from 2018.

What is the real impact for owners who are nearing completion later this year?
Have you some reference I can read? As an owner builder living in a shed onsite I would really like to know more. TIA

Thy

Hi Thy,

https://www.claytonutz.com/knowledge/20 ... ember-2019

https://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/Policy- ... ubdivision

My understanding is that you can no longer get an interim certificate you can only get the full certificate, so things like driveways will need to be completed before you move in.

Melos
My understanding is that you can no longer get an interim certificate you can only get the full certificate, so things like driveways will need to be completed before you move in.

That’s the part I’m worried about.

It’s supposed to kick in on Sept 1.

But imagine if everyone on here has to now complete their full house including driveway etc before they move in....
GLO
Melos

That’s the part I’m worried about.

It’s supposed to kick in on Sept 1.

But imagine if everyone on here has to now complete their full house including driveway etc before they move in....

We’ve had the keys since mid May and we haven’t yet got the drive way sorted. So yes it will cause all sorts of issues if they don’t modify what is needed

Related
23/03/2024
Interim occupational Certificate

General Discussion

Please read what the conditions are when receive final payment invoice.

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

25/05/2023
Front Gate handle keeps coming off

General Discussion

Get some long brass machine screws and bolt right through the gate and put brass acorn nuts and washers on the other side. It will never come off

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum