Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metronest Homes

Page 2 of 3
ssvdara
ssvdara
After a month, finally received news from builder that council has issued the building permit.

Some idiots have dumped rubbish in my block. Looks like its a very common problem.... I have been informed that its my responsibility to clean it up.. Waste of money, because of some few rogue and greedy rubbish removalists..

Surprised to see that water meter connections are in place. That’s a good positive step....

Can’t wait to see the fence go around work to commence..

Works have started this week...
Looks like underground plumbing is completed as well.
Communication is great. Received an email with planned works that will be happening as well as contact details for weekly progress update.

ssvdara
Communication is great. Received an email with planned works that will be happening as well as contact details for weekly progress update.

Slab pour is expected this week.

Hello and welcome to the Journey. I can see that you are building in Craigieburn. Is at Highlands ? Also hows the build going.
Where are you building in craigieburn?
Ozshaz
Hello and welcome to the Journey. I can see that you are building in Craigieburn. Is at Highlands ? Also hows the build going.

It is in Craigieburn and the build is going good so far. Will update with few pics soon.
Currypot
Where are you building in craigieburn?

Highlands - the bridges estate
ssvdara
ssvdara

Its been a while since my last update,,

so here it is summary/pics

Framing completed: 25 Oct 2019

ssvdara
ssvdara
ssvdara

Its been a while since my last update,,

so here it is summary/pics

Framing completed: 25 Oct 2019

Roof tiling completed: 12 Nov 2019

Got a call from building supervisor that incorrect facade has been done by the carpenter and to check whether or not we like it.

Good to see that they are constantly following up on contractors work and keeping me informed.

12 Dec 2019 update:

Open plan living.

cupboards are in
Jan 29 2020:

Well its been more than a month that i visited the construction. A lot of things have been completed

Rendering is done.. Its too dark than what we thought it would be ...

Didnt like the colour combination

ssvdara

I think the black render looks great with the type and colour of your feature bricks.
Ship2shore
ssvdara

I think the black render looks great with the type and colour of your feature bricks.

It was supposed to blend in with gutters, down pipes and the window frames...
Its been exactly 12 months, since I initially made contact with Metronest Homes.. Time does fly...

Spoke to building supervisor yesterday and hes mentioned that house will be ready by end of this month - Feb 2020.

I have engaged Branko @ Building Expert for the pre-final inspection.. so have to wait and see how he rates the quality of build.
From customer service view point, Metronest has been very good... If the build quality comes up good, there is definitely a bright future for Metronest...
Getting the house inspected by external inspector Branco from Building Expert on the 2nd March.

So its not long to go..

Cant wait to see how the build came and the quality.

Will post few photos hopefully very soon..
Hi ssvadra,

I followed your journey with Metronest. How did you go with Branko? What feedback they had on Q & A with metrnest?

Overall how was your experience with Metronest?

Regards,
Experience with metronest was good, cant complain.

Been very busy with current pandemic, so will upload few pics with a summary very soon.
Hi,

Nice to hear that your house is Done.

I'm waiting for my council approval. As i change my plan after contract sign, have ti wait little bit longer.

Hopefully they will start contraction on next month. Please upload some of photos, happy to see that.

Thanks.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum