Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metronest Homes

Page 1 of 3
Guys,

After Reviewing so many active topics and gaining knowledge on various topics, thought I will post my experience building a house as ‘Journey with Metronest Homes’.

Hoping it will be a pleasant one..
Timelines so far:

First contact with Metronest Homes : 12 Feb 2019

Final quote : 30 Mar 2019

Initial deposit : 31 Mar 2019

House Plan initial consultation : 3 Apr 2019

Deposit for building plans : 07 May 2019

Colour selection (internal & external) : 18 May 2019

House Plan finalised date : 28 May 2019
Land settlement happened on 20 May 2019
Journey so far is been good.
Waiting for contract to be signed off today 29 Jun 2019....
Finally got my contract signed off today 29 Jun 2019.
was informed that developer has approved the plan.. however there was a change to orientation of one of the windows on the submitted plan. I wasn’t made aware of this before changing,,

They are looking at it...

In the meantime, they have completed the soil report,,, so happy
Finally after a very long wait, received approval from the developer.

Hoping things will go quickly from here ......
Where are you building?
SaveH2O
Where are you building?

Craigieburn
Always helps to get replies when others know where you are building.

I hope that it all goes well for you.
SaveH2O
Always helps to get replies when others know where you are building.

I hope that it all goes well for you.

Thank you..
Its now 2 weeks that I have received the developer approval, no word from the builder yet.... hoping it will be submitted for council approval sooner than later.

On another note, noticed that there are many builders who are pretty quick with construction in the area - can't tell about the pricing or quality though. Next door is being built by Mimosa and they are doing the final touches - cant tell the stage of the construction,,,
Its now more than 3 weeks that developer approval has been received, however no further update from the builder.
So far they been pretty good and are there for all issues and requests, unsure on this instance....so fingers crossed everything will be okay moving forward.

On another note, Guys next door are settling in late Sep...
ssvdara
Its now more than 3 weeks that developer approval has been received, however no further update from the builder.
So far they been pretty good and are there for all issues and requests, unsure on this instance....so fingers crossed everything will be okay moving forward.

hi ssvdara im building with metronest homes too they send for engineering which they took 3 weeks for me
abhi551
ssvdara

hi ssvdara im building with metronest homes too they send for engineering which they took 3 weeks for me

Thanks abhi. so where are you building.
ssvdara
abhi551
ssvdara

Thanks abhi. so where are you building.

Jubilee Wyndhamvale
After a month, finally received news from builder that council has issued the building permit.
Even I am building with them. Have got the council approval in August still waiting for them to start.
Metronest guys did mention to me that they will start in 3 weeks from the time council permit is issued. I am just counting on the days....as Lot of houses in the street are close to completion/hand over.

21 days has been mentioned on the HIA contract that I signed. Refer to clause 10.0

Which area are you building in...
ssvdara
After a month, finally received news from builder that council has issued the building permit.

Some idiots have dumped rubbish in my block. Looks like its a very common problem.... I have been informed that its my responsibility to clean it up.. Waste of money, because of some few rogue and greedy rubbish removalists..

Related
28/04/2024
Working with Metronest

Building A New House

I've been with Metronest for a few months now. They are building my house, and I wanted to share my experience with you…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum