Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Final build cost per m2???

Page 1 of 1
Hi all!,

I am curious to know if anyone is keen to share there final build cost per m2 and what state there in?

We are close to the business end of things now and are hopefully close to the final costings.

We live in QLD and building in Tas so anything we look at in QLD is MUCH cheaper than the costs down south so I am curious to see where everyone landed?

So... Care to share?
depends on a number of factors - complexity of the project/site, size of the house, project/custom builder, level of finishes, etc.

there is no single figure
alexp79
depends on a number of factors - complexity of the project/site, size of the house, project/custom builder, level of finishes, etc.

there is no single figure

Yeah I get that, every build will obviously be different, its a question out of curiosity rather than a figure create a budget from.
Our 375sqm hone is $1320sqm
My brother in Newcastle got away with $1250 sqm for a single storey volume builder home. Probably say it's a low-med level of finishes.

Sydney build coming up for myself in the near-ish future. Hoping to keep it under $2000 sqm for a customised build.
Single story here, includes fencing, dishwasher, oven, driveway, LED downlights. Pretty much everything except landscaping. This came in at $1600ish
Building in sa with simonds homes and our 280sqr works out to be $1100ish we have upgraded most things. would say medium level finish. Nothing over the top but could deff be a forever home.
Related
3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum