Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Seek advice/comment on floor plan

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, Can I seek some advice / comment on my floor plan? first time build. The first step I want to make the floor plan right.
One of the concern is the living room. Looks like the TV facing window or against window are both not good option
Personally I think hallways are wasted space and there are a few here. I would be considering options to do away with some.

I would want a bigger pantry for the size of the kitchen. And I would extend the alfresco to the living too. I would do more storage too, maybe a walk in linen or something
alymei
Personally I think hallways are wasted space and there are a few here. I would be considering options to do away with some.

I would want a bigger pantry for the size of the kitchen. And I would extend the alfresco to the living too. I would do more storage too, maybe a walk in linen or something

Thanks for taking time to comment this. Yes, the hallway is a waste. I think at least the hallway on upper floor can be changed. The hallway to parents room maybe difficult to remove. The alfresco can be extended to the living area, but I worry the light to living will be affected significantly.
To extend the pantry, I could extend it to parents WIR otherwise no other space.
I would make the RHS bench shorter and WIP deeper probably put fridge down pantry end too.

If you extended alfresco you will still get light cone thru, just not direct sunlight. Otherwise consider extending it to WIR and ensuite of Parents Room and adding a servery window out there.
alymei
I would make the RHS bench shorter and WIP deeper probably put fridge down pantry end too.

If you extended alfresco you will still get light cone thru, just not direct sunlight. Otherwise consider extending it to WIR and ensuite of Parents Room and adding a servery window out there.

servery window is a great idea. This can connect Alfresco and kitchen very well. How about extend the decking up to the parents WIR, put a retractable awning here. Extend during summer and retract during winter. Just some sort of my thinking but never done anything similar before.
Related
25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

7/10/2023
Floor plan feedback

Building A New House

Hi there! Absolutely agree on the wasted space. We have no desire for the master to be that oversized, but it occurred when we increased the depth of the garage. We have…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum