Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Site Cut & deepend Garage Edge beam to the western boundary

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I have received protection work notice from our adjoining property neighbors seeking permission for site cut and deepend garage edge beam to western boundary.
Our build hasnt started yet but our garage is going to sit on the boundary wall as well with same neighbours adjoining property.

Could someone give me an idea what does it mean for us and what should be my course of action here ? I am worried if its going to affect our build or anything should I be concerned about ?
@Wind
It is a good idea to check their contour survey, levels and Floor Plan,etc
Conveniently, their front elevation will not show the impact on the adjacent block levels (your block)
so you will need to look at both before they start to build
This happens on sloping blocks, undercrofts and basements on boundaries
When you commence to build they may leave you in a worse off position with retaining and stormwater, damproofing,etc
Just can't remember where the relevant posts links are here on homeome... try searching boundary deep beam?
hth
But they already Building and their build is almost completed ?
Do you have copies of their plans and engineering...did you take photos of the work along the boundary..is their build as per their plans?
Problems arise when you build and undermine their Boundary structure.. that becomes your responsibility
also your builder will charge extra for variations
You will need to get on top of it (ie your details and costs)..excuse the pun
Their surveyor did send all the details for me to sign the protection work notice which contains engineering, I didnt take the photos but our builder is same as their builder, would that make any difference or not really.
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

22/10/2023
Drop (Deepened) Edge Beam maximum depth/height

Building A New House

The distance between my DEBs varies from 4.1m at the narrowest to 8.1m at the widest.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum