Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Moving driveway entrance?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

So the lot we are looking at has an entrance and the low curb on the one side but it ruins layout options for the house. Would it require any kind of approvals from council etc or can be just make the driveway and entrance somewhere else? This is in Brisbane.
What sort of kerb is it? That may affect the answer someone gives you.
If you have a layback in the kerb, hence need to re-concrete the kerb & cut a new layback, then the answer may be different to the case when you're in a street where there are no laybacks and there's just a smooth lightly-curved kerb.

For our Sydney council, however, we required approval as soon as we did ANYTHING to the driveway between the kerb and the building-line. They had to approve the profile of the driveway, to ensure people don't install driveways with silly profiles such that only jacked-up 4WD's can use them.
I am in Melbourne, and in my council you need a crossover permit to do anything to your crossover or kerb (in my case just to fix it as it was damaged by the builder)
They have an online application form where you say what you want do to (repair, move etc, - must meet their guidelines) and they say yay or nay. You then have to get the fornwork inspected before you pour any concrete
I assume yours would have something similar,
brokenstick
I am in Melbourne, and in my council you need a crossover permit to do anything to your crossover or kerb (in my case just to fix it as it was damaged by the builder)
They have an online application form where you say what you want do to (repair, move etc, - must meet their guidelines) and they say yay or nay. You then have to get the fornwork inspected before you pour any concrete

Thanks! Any costs involved?
EdB84
brokenstick

Permit cost around $250.
But before I started I just phoned the council and a friendly person explained it all to me. I suspect you could do the same?
brokenstick
EdB84
brokenstick

Permit cost around $250.
But before I started I just phoned the council and a friendly person explained it all to me. I suspect you could do the same?

Damn I keep forgetting, this is not South Africa. You can actually call the council and someone mildly intelligent will answer
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

30/04/2023
Gravel Driveway

Building A New House

Thanks TamFed!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum