Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Application for delayed settlement

Page 1 of 1
Anyone building in Bardia Parkside?
We were advised that settlement would be end June:beginning July... and last week we got notification that settlement is happening sooner (in 2 weeks:13 June).
Anyone in the same situation and looking to apply for a delayed settlement & or did did you approval?
Ps. Our reason for delaying is because our finances are not ready due to change in our family circumstances.
Extension in settlement date is rarely granted where there are a large number of lots being settled. They will charge interest on every single day delay. I am in Bardia and had asked for 7 day extension (this was in 2017), however the solicitor-to-solicitor communication is not very immediate and by the time they replied (saying "no"), it was already 10th day.
Related
10/06/2023
Construction Delayed - Calculation of delay.

Building A New House

Hi, My home construction is complete, and the handover is scheduled next week. However the construction has been delayed and I have raised this to the builder. The…

5/03/2024
cancel old building application

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks for the response! However, it's have been sorted. But for others benefit here is what we had to do. Unfortunately, it's not straightforward. BCC washed their hands…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum