Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Simonds VIC

Page 1 of 2
Our build is finally starting this week

Very exciting!
We are building the Melrose 239 with the raised ceiling option and extension through the study
this is so exciting! the floor plan looks so good! if you dont mind, what is your total contract price coming to with the high ceilings and upgrades?

We are in discussions to build the Mebbin 25, and are trying to gauge what the total migh come up to.

Wish you the best of luck!
Total contract price came to 320k the costly upgrades are
-the 3.6m feature high ceilings throughout kitchen/dining/Lounge
- 1m extension through study and bed 2
- 2740 ceiling throughout whole house
-butlers pantry

Surprisingly having the master to rear we were credited back $300 so win win
Andor
-butlers pantry

Thats a great price, those 3.6m celings must have cost a LOT! I think i might just go with the 2.74m ceilings throughout.
Dui2705
Andor
-butlers pantry

Thats a great price, those 3.6m celings must have cost a LOT! I think i might just go with the 2.74m ceilings throughout.

13k for the 3.6 feature high ceilings
I also think getting the bigger 2340 internal doors makes a huge difference with the 2740 ceilings also
Hi Andor, we are building the Melrose 239 also, however ours is a different floor plan. I look forward to following your build.
MzMelrose
Hi Andor, we are building the Melrose 239 also, however ours is a different floor plan. I look forward to following your build.

That’s great!

Exciting times , ours is up to lock up so will definitely post some photos after the weekend
Andor
MzMelrose

That’s great!

Exciting times , ours is up to lock up so will definitely post some photos after the weekend

I would love to see some photos!!! 🙂
MzMelrose
Andor
MzMelrose

That’s great!

I would love to see some photos!!! 🙂

Vrey nice. Looks like you have gone with the anticon blankets. Did you have to pay extra for this.
brightstarshine
Vrey nice. Looks like you have gone with the anticon blankets. Did you have to pay extra for this.

I believe they didn’t cost extra
Cool, looks like they have better promotions in NSW/VIC as comprared to what is offered in QLD. Had to pay extra to anticon.
Looking good! Do you have any pictures of your gallery selections? I would love to see what colours and upgrades you have gone for? 🙂
Very exciting!! We are doing the 3.6m ceilings in our Palisade too, they're super grande!!

Our build is moving along pretty fast

We are
Now up to fixing with our painting finished and tiling starting this week and cabinetry getting installed on the 13th of aug

So far quality and everything else seems good
Oh my word, the progress is looking amazing!! Full steam ahead!!
Hi Andor

Your build is moving exceptionally fast. Touch wood. Did you opt for Simonds Xpress?

From the updates and photos you have posted, it appears to take just about 4 months from site start.

Enjoy the new home!!
Canopus
Hi Andor

Your build is moving exceptionally fast. Touch wood. Did you opt for Simonds Xpress?

From the updates and photos you have posted, it appears to take just about 4 months from site start.

Enjoy the new home!!

Andor
Canopus
Hi Andor

Enjoy the new home!!

This is where we are at now this was not the Simonds express
We have our PCI booked for next Thursday so exciting

I must say they have done a excellent job and are pretty lucky to get Great supervisors
Andor

This is where we are at now this was not the Simonds express
We have our PCI booked for next Thursday so exciting

I must say they have done a excellent job and are pretty lucky to get Great supervisors

Andor

Photos look great
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum