Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 1 of 1
Is anyone having problems with staining/scum on their brickwork. We have a white film which is covering quite a lot of our brickwork which Wisdom keep saying is efflorescence.

We know that efflorescence is salt deposit which come out of the bricks when there is water and are simply brushed away with a hard bristle brush. The problem with our bricks is that the white film cannot be brushed away. Given that we are also in the middle of a drought with hardly any rain in the last 4 or so months, we do not see how our bricks can be wet.

It appears that the film is actually staining/scum due to delays in cleaning and/or poor cleaning practices (too much acid not washed off properly). The film looks terrible as our bricks are dark.

If anyone has had issues with this, were you able to remove the film?

We used Bowral Bricks in Branham Granite. We know someone who build with McDonald Jones using Bowral Bricks Borwral Blue and they never had any problems with staining/scum or efflorescence.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I’d ring Bowral. Ask for their advice.

KamadoJusto
I’d ring Bowral. Ask for their advice.

Thanks. I will be giving them a call tomorrow.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum