Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Doulton 56 - what is a MUST to upgrade

Page 1 of 1
Hi all Metricon Doulton homeowners and those who are building

We are considering this plan and going through the process trying to work out final cost. In your opinion what is an absolute MUST to upgrade in the Doulton 56?

For those in their homes what do you wish you had of thought of upgrading if you could do it again now? So many choices and a budget that won't go on forever, we would like to put our money where it matters most and your comments will be much appreciated.

Also is there an option to pre wire for solar and alarm system post build or did you have to do this through Metricon? Thanks.
JanuaryJones

We are considering this plan and going through the process trying to work out final cost. In your opinion what is an absolute MUST to upgrade in the Doulton 56?

For those in their homes what do you wish you had of thought of upgrading if you could do it again now? So many choices and a budget that won't go on forever, we would like to put our money where it matters most and your comments will be much appreciated.

Also is there an option to pre wire for solar and alarm system post build or did you have to do this through Metricon? Thanks.
My must do would be 3m high ceilings and my wish list would be hebel power floors.

In regards to solar, yes they do pre-wiring.

JanuaryJones

As Renman has said the 3 meter option to downstairs is the best addition to the home. I know I did it and was worth it.

Hebel Powerfloor is also is a do not miss option as it will eliminate the thuds from the first floor. I know you can get insulation
but why run the risk of step sounds from the first floor when they can be eliminated all in one product.(not to mention creaking timber floors)

For me other must upgrades were sound insulation both in wall and soundchek plaster as I am on a reasonably busy street.
Also double glazing on windows to stop heat escaping and to a lesser extent sound stopping.

Prewire everything if you can alarm solar cctv as it will be very hard to do later.
If you have a read of my posts early on, you can get ideas on upgrades and what you might think are 'must haves'.
THANK YOU
Do double glazing even if your home reach 6 stars without it.

Especially for windows u want to leave not covered by blinds or curtain through out the night and day.
So that u get natural light without needing to roll up the blinds every morning. Eg. Stairs windows.

I made a horrible mistake becos my house met 6 stars without the need for double glazing.

But during winter night too much heat is lost from windows.
Thank you. great advice, appreciate it
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum