Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones NSW electrical costs

Page 1 of 1
Hey, just wondering from anyone who has built with McDonald Jones in Newcastle/ hunter valley region when you done your electrical choices what were the prices they charged per Downlight, PowerPoint, tv data etc

Clipsal 9W LED Downlight $110 each
Double Power Point $70
Single Power Point $65
Digital TV Antenna $955
Free to Air TV Point $140
JLL3
Double Power Point $70
Single Power Point $65
Digital TV Antenna $955

Thanks, do you know what the usually charge for alarm system, I done it myself on my last build as they let me do it during build but I know Mac jones won’t.

We just got the keys to our MJH just before Christmas here in the Hunter Valley.. Electrical was the one area we pulled back on, we found the prices were so much higher than what it would cost us to do it after the fact. We only included items that would be difficult or costly to do later on, we also positioned our batten fix lights where we intended on placing downlights. I purchased 60 Robus 9W downlights form a local electrical supplier for $11.50 each that are equivalent to the Clipsal ones that MJH offer as well as a heap of quick connects and a roll of wire, I think it cost around $800 all up. Since Christmas I have set out and installed all of the downlight into the ceiling ready for the electrician to wire up, we were able to find a licensed electrician that was happy to work on an hourly rate & have me assist if he needs. Happy to pass you any details or give you more info if your interested.
jvstnholl
JLL3
Double Power Point $70
Single Power Point $65
Digital TV Antenna $955

Thanks, do you know what the usually charge for alarm system, I done it myself on my last build as they let me do it during build but I know Mac jones won’t.

They have packages but this is the standard system:
https://www.mcdonaldjoneshomes.com.au/sites/default/files/2018-08/easy-living-brochure-edition-lowres.pdf
That Bosch system alone is $985.
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

20/07/2023
Electrical

General Discussion

Must be labour only. One of those how long is a piece of wire questions.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum