Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Modified Daydream 28

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My family love the daydream 28 with mods. Our block is 791m. We have a frontage of 23m. Wanted to start my own thread as this will progress.. would firstly love any input on the plans. We flipped it as our estate requires driveway on the left. Also a third garage with roller door to yard. Mods include removal of the activity room creating more space for walk in robe, pantry coming off kitchen not around the corner and moving the second bathroom to be in between the two bedrooms (as we think more practical for our two kids). Also adding in a bathtub to the en-suite. Building in SEQld region.

Any suggestions, what I may have missed? Thank you ☺️
I would consider adding a door to the study to access the hallway, move manhole from wip to GGE. Do dbl CSD to media and put them in the centre of that wall. Bed 1 - is bed going under window? Id consider doors to alfresco from there.

Also I prefer more bench space next to cooktop so I would have pantry door open from the side. You run out of bench space when pulling oven trays out of the oven.
Thank you!! Exactly why I put our plans up here 😊 great points!! May have had to google a few of those terms (csd? Central sliding door?) yes door to study handy! Manhole in garage, seems more convenient. Bed 1 - bed will go under the window we took out the sliding door but not sure if we should put it back in. And bench space, yes I was thinking that hmm didn’t want there to be a ‘disconnect’ of pantry access was around the corner.. I’ll play with that idea! Thank you so much for your reply and thoughts.

alymei
I would consider adding a door to the study to access the hallway, move manhole from wip to GGE. Do dbl CSD to media and put them in the centre of that wall. Bed 1 - is bed going under window? Id consider doors to alfresco from there.

Also I prefer more bench space next to cooktop so I would have pantry door open from the side. You run out of bench space when pulling oven trays out of the oven.
Cavity sliding door
I would suggest making the house a bit bigger. Your living areas are slightly on the small side but your block is huge by today's standards. Use it to get more comfortably sized rooms.

Your kitchen will be quite dark in this location, and will feel like a thoroughfare. You could consider moving it to the location of the media room,or adding some skylights.

I would swap the window/ sliding door in the family/dining room. Arrange the slider so that access outside is in between the family/dining for easy access past furniture.

Think about how you will position your furniture in the family room. Do you want your couch in the middle of the room facing a TV on the left?

Or do you prefer to position furniture against the walls and maintain a large open space in your living area? If so make the family room window 1 large window instead of 2 and put your TV at the bottom, backing onto the media room

Wow! Even more things to consider, thank you.. I do agree with the sliding door in the lounge room that will be quite the thoroughfare, very good point. At the moment I have no idea where the tv would go either on the left wall or media wall I do like the left wall but then I’m not sure 🤔. Yes we have a huge block, coming from a 90m squared house it will be huge for us. And love the skylight idea!! Thank you for your time!

amilelka
I would suggest making the house a bit bigger. Your living areas are slightly on the small side but your block is huge by today's standards. Use it to get more comfortably sized rooms.

Your kitchen will be quite dark in this location, and will feel like a thoroughfare. You could consider moving it to the location of the media room,or adding some skylights.

I would swap the window/ sliding door in the family/dining room. Arrange the slider so that access outside is in between the family/dining for easy access past furniture.

Think about how you will position your furniture in the family room. Do you want your couch in the middle of the room facing a TV on the left?

Or do you prefer to position furniture against the walls and maintain a large open space in your living area? If so make the family room window 1 large window instead of 2 and put your TV at the bottom, backing onto the media room
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum