Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alfresco Decking min step down requirments

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys looking at getting decking in our alfresco but i have a feeling our step down may not be enough it is stepped down 70mm from the inside floor level.is it still possible?
Cheers
[img:1upoawa1]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87326_1557202146.jpeg[/img:1upoawa1]
Yeah if you say it’s 70mm step down that would allow 45x90mm joists (laid flat so the 45mm is the height) and then your choice of deck over the top of them at approximately 22mm height. That total equates to about 67mm height so should work out mint.
gillybean
Yeah if you say it’s 70mm step down that would allow 45x90mm joists (laid flat so the 45mm is the height) and then your choice of deck over the top of them at approximately 22mm height. That total equates to about 67mm height so should work out mint.

Awesome I wasn’t sure how small you can get joists so that’s sweet thanks
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

18/01/2024
Brick wall small step cracks

General Discussion

Do I need to concern about this pattern of crack? Is this crack showing some signs of bigger problems? Thanks for any suggestions!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum