Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Raft Slab - Pipe lagging

Page 1 of 1
We are in preparation for raft slab and concretor had put the pipe laggings only on horizontal and bends. He is saying there is no lagging required for the vertical pipes even its under the beam. Is this correct? What is the best practice ?
Our builder (smaller local one) said the same thing with our raft slab in January. I noticed they did all the horizontals but not verticals...although I asked our construction manager to do them all for us. Not sure if he did or not, but I don’t think so assuming you would see signs of it where the pipe protrudes out of the concrete.
Wastes vertically through slab are not lagged and should also have termite protection collar if in termite declared areas.
If you lag the pipes , termites can enter your home through slab penetration as they do on some older home when lagging was used.
Related
19/05/2023
PVC pipe through footing

General Discussion

yep sounds good make the footing bigger to to allow for the pipe in the middle

23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

29/01/2024
Building over sewer pipe in Queensland

Building A New House

I think you are getting different numbers because they all just based them on "other jobs" even though each job is unique. Often, with builders, unless you're speaking to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum