Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King Geelong

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Just going through the build process with JG King Geelong.
Here's some photos of some of the work you can expect with them.

Split Arks throughout:

Arks and skirtings not flush throughout:

Screws protruding through cabinetry:

Can't even get an 800mm angle to fit in doorway. They put seperate pieces:

Built three houses in the past.
By far the laziest supervisor I have dealt with. Poorest workmanship I have dealt with. Don't take ownership of mistakes and just brush you off.

Hope someone has a better experience with them than I do.

Kman
Wow and I thought my jgking geelong experience was bad! I thought we had every issue under the sun but screws protruding cabinetry I have not seen before!

Stick to your guns we did end up with a reasonable finished product, took a sh!t fight though.

If you are getting no where with your supervisor (I always laugh at that title, no one is supervising anything!) you need to get the construction manager involved.
Hi bank,

Problem is construction supervisor is even worse (I havent dealt with actual supervisor since week 1 of build) ...
Is the manager still a guy with the initials CS? He was new to the company half way through our build. Our impression was that he did a lot of talking, not a lot of doing, but all the SS seemed to be singing his praises. The maintenance manager has also claimed that things are vastly improved since he came on board. Clearly not the case if its still the same guy.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum