Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Leaving handles off kitchen .........

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
I have a frustrating situation.

We are looking to build with Mojo (part of MJH), and we would like them to hand over the house without handles to the drawers in the kitchen/pantry etc. However we been given the "we cannot do this due to company policy” line and as such have come to a standstill....over drawer handles !!!

The background being is Mojo/MJH do not supply "flush lip pull" handles and we do not wish to use traditional handles that screw into the front of the drawers and can't afford to spend nearly $4k on "Sharknose" profile drawers.

Has anyone here built with Mojo and had them hand over their house without handles (not push to open etc either) ?
Or....is there any "legal" reason (e.g occupancy cert) that Mojo won't flex on this or are they just being difficult?

I find it hard to believe that something simple like drawer handles should be such a problem leaving off given it will cost Mojo nothing, infact will save them money to follow this request.

Cheers, Pok
pokolbinguy
Hi All,
I have a frustrating situation.

We are looking to build with Mojo (part of MJH), and we would like them to hand over the house without handles to the drawers in the kitchen/pantry etc. However we been given the "we cannot do this due to company policy” line and as such have come to a standstill....over drawer handles !!!

The background being is Mojo/MJH do not supply "flush lip pull" handles and we do not wish to use traditional handles that screw into the front of the drawers and can't afford to spend nearly $4k on "Sharknose" profile drawers.

Has anyone here built with Mojo and had them hand over their house without handles (not push to open etc either) ?
Or....is there any "legal" reason (e.g occupancy cert) that Mojo won't flex on this or are they just being difficult?

I find it hard to believe that something simple like drawer handles should be such a problem leaving off given it will cost Mojo nothing, infact will save them money to follow this request.

Cheers, Pok

There are no regulatory requirements forbiding them handing over with out handles. My guess is you are dealing with a window licking junior.

I know the GM of Operations and Building Andrew Mavin reasonably well. PM me if you want his number
SejaeD
I know the GM of Operations and Building Andrew Mavin reasonably well. PM me if you want his number

Thanks SajaeD,

I have Andrew's email address from some previous communication. Hopefully they see reason without needing to involve those higher up the tree.

Cheers, Brett
There is a clause in the contract where you can have special conditions but most builders blanco it cuz they don't want to give the owners equal rights . Don't worry about keeping them happy , just do what you think is right for you and your future house. All these office colour studio people will not take a second to disown anything they have said or committed so why worry about them.
Related
29/02/2024
handles not horizantal

Windows & Doors

Very small children, small dogs and cats

15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

25/05/2023
Front Gate handle keeps coming off

General Discussion

Get some long brass machine screws and bolt right through the gate and put brass acorn nuts and washers on the other side. It will never come off

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum