Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our "Daydream"279".... It's OURS!!! carpet in

Page 5 of 6
Yes love the tiles and the big shower and particularly love the look of your tiled shower bases.
All looking great Kylie!

What did you decide for the feature tiles in the ensuite?

Bel
We have decided (on our tilers suggestion) to put our feature tiles just around the bath only. I ummmed and aahhhed about it for quite a while though. Hopefully it will look ok. I really was going to do the full back wall but in the end it came to $$$ as we only had 25 shhets of the featurte tile and heaps of the 300x600 one.
seakyl
We have decided (on our tilers suggestion) to put our feature tiles just around the bath only. I ummmed and aahhhed about it for quite a while though. Hopefully it will look ok. I really was going to do the full back wall but in the end it came to $$$ as we only had 25 shhets of the featurte tile and heaps of the 300x600 one.

I'm hearing you about the $$$ and yep I'm sure it'll look great
what a beautiful laminate in the kitchen. It looks so lovely. I also really like your ensuite cabinet handles. Don't think I've seen ones like those before.

Very exciting times.
Well, we have all the painting done.. including our "loft" colour walls and ceiling in our theatre room and feature wall. Our toilets, showerheads and all plumbing have been done, our robe hangers, doorknobs,towel racks, dishwasher, oven,and even the clothes line have been fixed in. Looks like the only things left are the light fittings/electrical and the showerscreens&wardrobe doors. and of cource a few little touch-ups, and the cleaning!! We will be doing the floor coverings after handover.
I have only got a few pics cause I keep forgetting the camera..

How exciting, not long now.

Everything looks great. Have you been happy with Coral so far ??
Put it this way rebekah, this is our third build... and IF we build again I would be going straight to coral! ( as long as we can get the same SS) Our SS and his tradies have been great.
OH MY GOSH.... Have just spoken to the builder and it looks like handover will be towardas the end of next week..AAAHHHH..WOO HOO.
Now I need to organise the floor covering laying, the concreter, and the patio installer, the removalists, and the phone... Any thing else??
whoo hoo kylie!!!!
so how long was that from site scrape to handover?
Cant remember exactly when the site scrape was, but I definately know that the slab was poured on the !st of Dec!!

Very happy for you Kylie - it all looks great. Next week! Wow, you must be over the moon.

We finally had our slab poured today, so I'll have to pop out this afternoon and get some pics. We've got no internet at home though (thanks Telstra) so not sure when I'll be back to brag about it.

Yay for you!!
Hey Seakyl,
Love your feature colour loft - is that as in the colorbond colour loft?
bluesteel
Hey Seakyl,

Yep, its the new colourbond 'loft' colour. Looks great in real life!

Well, it looks like wednesday in handover day...yay only 4 more sleeps!
seakyl
bluesteel
Hey Seakyl,

Yep, its the new colourbond 'loft' colour. Looks great in real life!

Well, it looks like wednesday in handover day...yay only 4 more sleeps!

Your walls look fabulous! as does the rest of your home, it's beautiful

I'm having Loft as my roof colour....so in real life, how does the Loft come up (apart from stunning) is it more a chocolate or does the aubergine come through more? I know there is probably a difference in the paint vs colorbond, but l just want to get an idea of how close they are.
hey kylie, just wondering how much extra it cost per door to have the accent range internal doors? thanks!
The hume accent range of internal doors are standard here with coral.
In real life they look FANTASTIC!!!, almost like 2 pac. very shiny!! Have you had colour selections appointment yet?

The colourbond 'loft' colour in my opinion is definately a chocolate/ eggplant colour. If you want more of a chocolate colour thorney, I woulndt choose it, but if you are happy with just a bit of eggplany... go for it!
I was going to choose loft for our garage and front entry door, but as the colour had only just come out Coral didn't have it as a selection yet.
seakyl

The colourbond 'loft' colour in my opinion is definately a chocolate/ eggplant colour. If you want more of a chocolate colour thorney, I woulndt choose it, but if you are happy with just a bit of eggplany... go for it!
I was going to choose loft for our garage and front entry door, but as the colour had only just come out Coral didn't have it as a selection yet.

Thanks seakyl

Ya, l don't mind the eggplant tone to it at all, in fact l love it.....so I'm keeping the Loft no matter what. Just got to find some re-assurance that my bricks and the whole look of the house will come up schmick
no colour appointment yet, just waiting for the val to come back on the new block so i can tell my consultant to order the soil tests etc. i confirmed what i hope will be my last lot of changes today (i will have to start by own thread - you really wouldn't recognise my plan anymore
) i can still think of more things tho
uh oh.... guess what though? so excited today, coral dropped the location surcharge for my area by ...wait for it....$5500.00!!!
so hopefully they will let me have the discount even though i have already paid my intial deposit (for the previous block, but nothing was done...)
Fantastic news ...'building with coral2009' Hopefully they will be able to pass on that figure!!! wow , just think about all the extras you could have.....mmmmmmm
Related
16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/08/2023
Ramping Carpet Up To Bathroom Level

General Discussion

they can, it's a fairly standard solution when the slab isn't recessed. the falls need to be in the main floor, if it hasn't been done then you need to ask them to redo…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum