Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our "Daydream"279".... It's OURS!!! carpet in

Page 6 of 6
thanks kylie, so excited for you!!!
hope all goes well on handover day, what kind of flooring are you installing after handover? One of my friends had this awesome timber look vinyl laminate installed when she built a couple of years ago, I went and got a quote same product different colour and texture today, turns out it would not be much more than the tiles i was going to have through coral...not sure what to do now...any ideas?
Best of luck!!!
we are getting a vinyl plank called 'casa' by gerflor. In our last house (built 4ys ago) we put in the same type of thing except in karndean brand. lots of $$$. (I could have had tiles for $23mtr cheaper
)

The casa one we are getting is roughly 132m2 for $4000 plus install of about $3000. We are getting the 5 beds, and the theatre room in a gorgeous carpet from solomons called celebration, with heavy duty underlay. It is a solution dyed nylon. This cost $4500 installed (very good price and oh so soft!
)

I would try to steer away from the laminates cause my sister had them and those floors are very noisy! especially from kids toys...
yeah, whatever this stuff is (i am pretty sure it is the vinyl plank type thing...) the sales guy (who is the owner) said, even though the laminate is more expensive (and he would make more money from it
) he would install the vinyl stuff in his own home over the laminate any day, because it lasts longer, doesn't scratch etc etc. his price was also quite good $60.00 p/m laid for the shade that i liked. I think is reasonable?

thats an awesome price for all the carpet you will need though!
that price seems ok. What brand are you looking at?
ummm...i think it was expona...just did a google search and it looks like the brand is polyfloor...the local store had 3 or 4 different brand ranges to choose from though...

Did handover happen today?!?!?!?!? Oh my goodness that was so fast. Very very excited for you. I just cannot believe how fast that happened from begining to end it was without a single hiccup.

Let us know how it all went and of course we'll need photos of the finished product too!!
Tomorrow is handover....WOOHOO!!!!!
Maybe I should have a glass or 2 of bubbly tonight. Might help me sleep!
Go for it, but save the good stuff for tomorrow night!!

All the best for tomorrow.
congrats kylie! hope all goes well today, good luck!!!!!
goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how exciting for you!
I so would not have been able to sleep last night!
Well, we had handover yesterday!!!! It is officially OURS!

The floor covering has partly been laid today. We are very happy with it.
Just a few pics, I will post some more when its all completed.(and cleaned!!!)

The dining room...

feature wall in dining room...

Front entry partly done
seakyl
Well, we had handover yesterday!!!! It is officially OURS!

Sensational!!
Congratulations!! How long did they take for the build?
the floor is looking fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how exciting!

Really, really, really, really happy for you. So pleased that you had such a great experience with Coral - very reassuring for the rest of us.

I can only imagine how you're feeling right now and CAN'T WAIT to feel that way too!
so exciting for you best wishes and enjoy your new home
congrats kylie!!!! floors lookin gooood.....
Well, you officially beat me, Congratulations, I hope you are very happy in your new place. I look forward to seeing more photos as you add your own touch to the place.
hi kylie, hope all is well and you looovvvee your new place, just wondering if you remember how much it was to upgrade to a 1200mm entry door...by the way, we'd love to see some more piccies!!!
WOW congratulations

It looks fantastic and everything seemed to go so well. Can't wait to see more photos!
Have you moved in ???
Related
16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/08/2023
Ramping Carpet Up To Bathroom Level

General Discussion

they can, it's a fairly standard solution when the slab isn't recessed. the falls need to be in the main floor, if it hasn't been done then you need to ask them to redo…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum