Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our "Daydream"279".... It's OURS!!! carpet in

Page 1 of 6
OMG, you guys and gals out there have a wealth of info!

A little about ourselves..so far
Sold our house in July- purchased 1 acre block July, tender letters all completed. Trees removed, 6mx6m colourbond garage completed, fencing done ,Contract due next wed!!! yay!

We are building the 'daydream 279' with Coral Homes.

Man.. am I exited!
Welcome, Kylie.

You sound excited, too

Goodluck with your build, hope everything goes smoothly, and ....

Have fun

Welcome to our forum community.

Jason
Hi Seakyl,

Welcome to the forum, I'm fairly new myself, though have been following the wonderful advice offered here for sometime.

We're building the Heron through C0r@l - just did our colour selection today, confirming those Rattan bricks

Friends of our just finished building with the same builders and had some ups and downs with it all. Overall they're happy with the house and thankful the process is over. Good luck with it all, it will be great to see how it all unfolds - keep us up to date!
Hi!!!! and welcome! Where abouts are you building...I notice you are from Queensland!!!!

We are also building on acre! West of Brisbane...in Ipswich.

I don't know if we will be ever able to go back to standard now we are used to driving out to our block and seeing a bit of space!

You must be sooooo excited!
oh and great name too...
Diddo Kylie!
Well,we got the contracts to sign today!!! yay few thing where not quite right but the display guy said we will change the mistakes tomorrow morning when we drop off the contracts.
We are building in Maryborough, qld on a lovely flat 4473m (1acre)
We were also told today that it should take only 6-7 weeks to go through council then it will be a 14 week build. So looks like we will get that christmas slab party after all!
Next step.. see the colour consoltant. woohoo
Jellylegs .. our next door neighbours (at the new block) are also building the heron 251 with cor@l. They only started last week so it will be VERY interesting to see it go up.Looks like a nice plan. Love the activity room!
What colours did you choose for you external tiles, facia, garage door etc?
Good luck!
Congratulations seakyl and a belated welcome to the forum
your block sounds nice and big. Have you a floorplan for us?
seakyl,

A late welcome greetings from me!

Wow, huge block!
Looking forward to see the plans and colour selections!
Congrats Seakyl - Would love to see ur plans and progress.
WOW what a size of block - Love to see photos....

Good luck
beegee
seakyl
Jellylegs .. our next door neighbours (at the new block) are also building the heron 251 with cor@l. They only started last week so it will be VERY interesting to see it go up.Looks like a nice plan. Love the activity room!
What colours did you choose for you external tiles, facia, garage door etc?

All my colours are at https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=9424 (too lazy to dig them out again!!) How about you, have you decided on your colours yet? The colour consultant was very lovely, but just ticks the boxes - no advice or anything so I was glad we'd made all our choices before we went in. Let your neighbour know that I just saw advertised a near completed Heron 251 on a 600m2 block in Heritage Park for $499k. Pretty sure it was the 251 from the pics & description.
Let me know how they get on.

I hope it all goes well for you. Our plans have been with the certifier since 25 August and we were told last week it should only be another 3 weeks
Finally figured out (sorta) how to post pics.
Here they are......

Opinions on external colours...

We love our brick we have chosen- pgh rattan and we are having a black tile roof. We are also trying to incorporate Jasper as our feature colour.
Just hope it all works out

Here it is....

Roof- tiles, sambuca (black contoured)

Bricks- PGH rattan (light grey/beige slightly tumbled)

Gutters- Black- (colourbond night sky)

Facia- Jasper (colourbond colour)

Under eaves- Paperbark (colourbond)

Panel lift door- Jasper

1200mm wide entry door- Jasper

All front windows to be blinds/verticals to be Jasper colour

Windows- black frame, clear glass(not tinted)

Any suggestions/ opinions please
Hi Kylie,

I love your floorplan, looks like you'll get lots of light in there.

Your colours sound lovely too - wait till haywgl comes along she'll love all that Jasper ! Its a nice colour.

And LOOK at all that land!
I love the layout of the master bedroom, en suite, robe complex. Really wanted that layout but couldn't make it work on our block. Saw it in a few display homes and worked really well.

regards
sean
Hi all, i just thought I'd add a few pics of our land before construction starts. Plans should be out hopefully by 2 weeks, then statrs within 20 days of that. WooHoo!!
so far... land looking from the road (before fencing)

Hubby's double garage

From the front... now with garage

Can't wait till we have a big yard again!!!
Just found out this arvo......
Plans are out of certifiers!!! WooHoo
Now we wait for a start date. Apparently it has to start within 20 days from being signed off... (which should be next Wednesday at the latest)::cheerleader::
excellent news seakyl
thanks for the pics - you have some lovely trees on / around your block.
Related
16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/08/2023
Ramping Carpet Up To Bathroom Level

General Discussion

they can, it's a fairly standard solution when the slab isn't recessed. the falls need to be in the main floor, if it hasn't been done then you need to ask them to redo…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum