Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Can Pryda strap underside joists cause metal clanging sound?

Page 1 of 1
Can Pryda strap underside joists cause bouncy metal clanging sound if it wasn't fixed tightly/propertly?

When I walk in my master br upstairs, I can here like bouncy metal clanging sound.
Initially I thought is from the roof cavity and today only realise that is from the subfloor since when I was on ground floor and someone was in the master br above me, I could hear is very clearly.

I rechecked old photos of that area and my engineering drawing , there is a small pyrda strap in that area. 1/4 of the size of the master br. and also a heating duct.

There is no sewage pipe work in that area.

Any ideas?

The "X" in the red circle is the pryda strap.

Other areas with pryda strap under floor joists has no issue.
MyFirst
I rechecked old photos of that area and my engineering drawing , there is a small pyrda strap in that area. 1/4 of the size of the master br. and also a heating duct.

Any ideas?

You mean Brackets? and also better photos do help
I assume you're talking about speed bracing.
I can imagine that if it's not tensioned and fixed off at each joist correctly then it could cause noise as the floor deflects.
chippy
I assume you're talking about speed bracing.
I can imagine that if it's not tensioned and fixed off at each joist correctly then it could cause noise as the floor deflects.

Yes speed bracing where it has a bolt in the middle of the X. On my engineering drawing it's says pyrda strap.

Lucky is isolated to the master br. Where the small strap is there.

Another area with larger strap bracing it was fine.

I guess only way to fix is pull out the carpet and ripped the yellow tongue board out??

Thanks
Related
28/05/2023
Cracking Hebel root cause analysis

General Discussion

How wide are cracks? Can post some photos

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum