Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley homes fixed site cost

Page 1 of 1
Just would like to understand bit more about fix site cost and slab. in quote they say M class waffle slab in savana estate whyndhamvale. soil report hasn't been done yet, what does it mean by fixed site cost, there clause saying that there will be charges after soil report if it is different to initial report in fixed site cost. can anyone help me who built home with henley recently in western suburb.. thanks
We will get at least a H1 or even H2 in that area not a M
Thank you. What are the chances of level one compaction report will change ?
No the compaction report won't change but the engineer doing the design may decide that your particular site will require piers, rigid slab or any other footing system they see fit.The cost may vary according to the engineering design.
thank you for the information. appreciate it
Hi there,

Just would like to have better understading for below note which is in my quote.

Site Costs & Connections based on a building allotment of up to 650 square metres. Engineered "M" Class Waffle Pod Slab. Connection to standard sewer and storm
water connection points within the building allotment. A maximum of 12 metres of underground single phase power run. Includes Part A Termite treatment. A
maximum of 300mm fall over building area & a maximum setback of 5 metres to house. Excludes rock removal, telephone service and consumer account opening
fees.
Hi desai
Unfortunately, that is just a standard clause which means very little
the question arises, "how much have they allowed Dollar wi$e and is it itemised?"
OT The note on the quote is aimed to highlight but not alarm .. that is until the engineering ( geotech, piles,etc) is completed...then it's extra over the co$ts on what was allowed.
BTW the site costs can't be fixed without the engineering
Hi desai

These are common clauses framed differently depending on the builder.

Different builders will allow dofferent dollars in the quoting stages. But once you get the reports then you will have a fixed price tender.

Please make sure that all reports are done upfront so there are no surprises later.

Cheers
Girgis
My blog: www.learnproperty.com.au
desai
Just would like to understand bit more about fix site cost and slab. in quote they say M class waffle slab in savana estate whyndhamvale. soil report hasn't been done yet, what does it mean by fixed site cost, there clause saying that there will be charges after soil report if it is different to initial report in fixed site cost. can anyone help me who built home with henley recently in western suburb.. thanks

Hi! Noticed your post was made last year, did you end up building with Henley? Did your fixed site cost increase after you paid deposit?
We got a sales quote and asked for fixed site costs (had the same disclaimer as noted on your post). Our fixed site cost was around $2k only! Just thinking if this is too good to be true! We have been quoted fixed site costs by two other builders at over $10k.
Bruhh
desai

Hi! Noticed your post was made last year, did you end up building with Henley? Did your fixed site cost increase after you paid deposit?
We got a sales quote and asked for fixed site costs (had the same disclaimer as noted on your post). Our fixed site cost was around $2k only! Just thinking if this is too good to be true! We have been quoted fixed site costs by two other builders at over $10k.

Hi Bruhh, Could you please advise the final amount you paid for the site cost. We are in the process of doing paperwork for new build and was quoted $13K for site costs. Thanks
Hey judith Welcome to the forum
Salesman/Builders have already been warned by the regulators not to put down low siteworks estimates to entice New Homebuilders into contract only to have the estimates double and triple once the geotech and engineering has come in.
Then you are told in the builders office the salesman made an honest mistake?
Smart move is to get your own geo Engineering and have 3 builders to quote before you hand over a deposit.
[quote="desai":symlb76z]Just would like to understand bit more about fix site cost and slab. in quote they say M class waffle slab in savana estate whyndhamvale. soil report hasn't been done yet, what does it mean by fixed site cost, there clause saying that there will be charges after soil report if it is different to initial report in fixed site cost. can anyone help me who built home with henley recently in western suburb.. thanks[/quote:symlb76z]

I can tell you now, wyndhamvale is clay. H1/H2 MINIMUM.

Edit - didn't realise somone necro'd this post.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

26/03/2024
Variations on Fixed Price Contract

Building A New House

So AFAIk the outcomes of the BAL ratings form part of a clause that allows them to pass these costs on to you. However the more relevant detail is how did it go from 19…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum