Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fence and boundary - Puzzled

Page 1 of 1
Hi Roomies,

I opted for a turnkey house/land. When the builder does the fencing how can i confirm that they have put up the fence maintaining the correct boundary ?
Do i have to look at getting a land surveyor ?

Like to know what other roomies have done.

TA
MB
I would get it independently checked.

30 yrs ago my parents built on our current site and left everything to the builder. Fast forward to now and we’ve since found the the boundaries are incorrect and almost a meter too far into our side at one corner. A Difficult Conversation will have to be had with our neighbour...
Hillsbuilds

30 yrs ago my parents built on our current site and left everything to the builder. Fast forward to now and we’ve since found the the boundaries are incorrect and almost a meter too far into our side at one corner. A Difficult Conversation will have to be had with our neighbour...

I reckon after 30 years. The neighbour own that 1 meter of land.

I think the rule is 7 years if not mistaken.
Don't fancy this one,arh give back that metre.

Hillsbuilds

Thanks Hills,

Is that a surveyor i have to hire ?
Related
5/04/2024
Fence boundary - New Lot

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi everyone, My lot has just been titled and during the settlement we found that the rear pegs were not visible. We requested for a re-establishment and pegging plan…

10/04/2024
New Fence - Boundary

Building A New House

Hi, It’s important to keep in mind that dividing fences have thickness, so it’s impracticable to expect them to be wholly constructed within the neighbouring…

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum