Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Build Feed: Hallmark Homes - Vouge 298 - Caboolture QLD

Page 3 of 4
Day 58: We have bricks completely around the perimeter of the house. They have not bricked the whole way up but I guess they have a reason for this. According to the Site Supervisors schedule, tomorrow we are expecting a few deliveries of sinks, vanities, kitchen cupboards and eaves which are due for install on Friday!

Day 61: Yesterday; Bricks to the eaves hight were completed and most of the window sills were done. And ... (drumroll) Kitchen and laundry cabinets were installed.
So we are officially at lock up stage and our house has been fully locked up. Unfortunately this means I cannot get access. Does anyone know where the tradies key is kept?
Trades all have their own master keys, so typically there is no ‘hidden’ key. You can ask your builder for a key though. We have one but it is rare as this also means we can go into any of their other houses under construction. Our particular builder give all their clients keys but they are not very large and are a bit old fashioned in this sense. As they tell us, “we have nothing to hide”.

If you have sliding windows it is fairly easy to leave one window slightly unclipped on your next onsite visit. We did this on a previous build and got access for most of the lockup stage using this technique.
NathanRetreat298
So we are officially at lock up stage and our house has been fully locked up. Unfortunately this means I cannot get access. Does anyone know where the tradies key is kept?

Some builders do a lock box with the key in it, which our builder did. When we had organised a meeting with the supervisor I walk with him to the locked box & memorised the combination. Not all trades have a master key & sometimes you can get them to open the lock box/house for you & see the combination.

Before a got the code for the lock box key I slightly left 1 or 2 windows open just enough so you can open it but when you look at the window on the inside it looks closed.. it’s
Looking good Nathan (albeit lonely in the street), are you happy with the build thus far? I’m considering engaging Hallmark for our 2 storey PPOR build after building two investments with them..
DanC
Looking good Nathan (albeit lonely in the street), are you happy with the build thus far? I’m considering engaging Hallmark for our 2 storey PPOR build after building two investments with them..

Hey DanC we are very happy with Hallmark so far everything has been done to a high standard and their communication has been really good. We are officially at enclosed stage, cornices have been installed in each room and the tiler has started tiling the wet areas. Today we finalised our flooring selection with Anderson’s. Getting exciting now.
#day73 Tiles have been laid and grouted in the wet areas. Kitchen splashback has been glued and are awaiting grout. #happy #tiles #reginagrey @beaumont.tiles #grout #kitchen #splashback #brickhouse #building #newhome #biggerfamilymeansbiggerhome #buildisprogressing #wow #ourcastle #hallmarkhomesqld #hallmarkhomes #caboolture #hammondcrossing #hadenoughofmyupdatesthenunfollowme #sorrynotsorry @qmproperties @hallmarkhomes @Caboolture, Queensland

Hi Nathan,
We are doing our colour selections in a couple of weeks, did you have to pay extra for the Regina grey tiles?
jayandkelly
Hi Nathan,
We are doing our colour selections in a couple of weeks, did you have to pay extra for the Regina grey tiles?

No Regina Grey is in the standard range however only on the 30x30 size. We paid extra to upgrade to the larger size.
jayandkelly
Hi Nathan,

Where abouts jayandkelly are you building?
NathanRetreat298
#day73 Tiles have been laid and grouted in the wet areas. Kitchen splashback has been glued and are awaiting grout. #happy #tiles #reginagrey @beaumont.tiles #grout #kitchen #splashback #brickhouse #building #newhome #biggerfamilymeansbiggerhome #buildisprogressing #wow #ourcastle #hallmarkhomesqld #hallmarkhomes #caboolture #hammondcrossing #hadenoughofmyupdatesthenunfollowme #sorrynotsorry @qmproperties @hallmarkhomes @Caboolture, Queensland

An update of our kitchen.

So happy with how the build is progressing. Our site supervisor seems to believe we will be done in 6 weeks. Woo Hoo!
Coming along VERY NICELY Nathan! Looking good! Bet your getting excited now. What size tiles are those Reginas?

NathanRetreat298
jayandkelly
Hi Nathan,

No Regina Grey is in the standard range however only on the 30x30 size. We paid extra to upgrade to the larger size.

Ok awesome thank you, over Logan way
More Regina Grey 450x450 in a Hallmark build I recently completed..
https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/prop ... -130715910
[quote="DanC":1tyq5nw2]More Regina Grey 450x450 in a Hallmark build I recently completed..
https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/prop ... -130715910[/quote:1tyq5nw2]

Hey DanC any idea what the flooring is in the main kitchen/dining/living areas? It does not appear to be a laminate floor, is it luxury vinyl planks?
DanC
More Regina Grey 450x450 in a Hallmark build I recently completed..
https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/prop ... -130715910

Looks awesome
jasnmel252
Coming along VERY NICELY Nathan! Looking good! Bet your getting excited now. What size tiles are those Reginas?

Sorry about the delay in my response. The tiles are 45x45.
Awesome! We have chosen exactly the same and you have just made us feel a WHOLE LOT BETTER!!! :》
Thanks mate, enjoy every second of it!

Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum