Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Build Feed: Hallmark Homes - Vouge 298 - Caboolture QLD

Page 2 of 4
It has been a while since I last posted and so much has happened. My last post was on Day 30, now day 37 and we have a completed roof truss, the slab has been edged/finished and the bracing is now attached to the frame.
Our gutters arrived on site yesterday and we are meeting the site supervisor on Thursday morning for a site walk through.
Day 31

Visited site today and met with our site supervisor lovely guy with lots of experience. I asked him all my questions and he was able to provide me with the answers I required. I had questions about spacing of our framing on a load baring wall which he assured me is fine and directed me to the section of the building code. Explained the Termite treatment that is being used on site and informed us of the what was scheduled for the remainder of the build. He did tell us due to s*#t weather we are about 2 weeks behind schedule. Dammit!

Our roof sheets are due to be applied tomorrow so watch this space.
Going along nicely!
Who is your building Supervisor if you don't mind me asking?

jasnmel252
Going along nicely!
Who is your building Supervisor if you don't mind me asking?

Site Supervisor is Stephen Hughes. He was very thorough, answered all my questions. Reassured me that I have picked a good builder.
Roof sheeting started @11am today!
Disappointed that the roofies didn’t finish the roof. Guess they will be back Monday. The Site supervisor stated that the brickies and plasterers were booked from Monday and electrical rough in would be happening as well!

Looking good - ours took 5 days, but there were some showers during the week (ours was a bit complicated too)
alymei
Looking good - ours took 5 days, but there were some showers during the week (ours was a bit complicated too)

Our roofers arrived on site late and were gone by 3pm
Moving at a cracking pace though! Build is looking really good as well! I'm thinking you might be in and enjoying your house before anyone else even breaks ground lol.
Chase L
Moving at a cracking pace though! Build is looking really good as well! I'm thinking you might be in and enjoying your house before anyone else even breaks ground lol.

Yeah let’s hope so.
I spoke to the site supervisor about those couple of things we mentioned the other day and he said that there is termite protection under the slab and another barrier is installed between the bricks and the frame. Our frame was certified on Friday too with no defects.
Interesting, Our termite barrier went in before the frame. Must be a different system
Today the roofers finished the roof sheeting this morning and this afternoon our windows were delivered as well as our front door and pantry slider. Hopefully more action on site tomorrow.

I think the roof looks great and I like how the front and back look almost symmetrical. Post a picture of the bricks you went with! Don't keep us in suspense :p
Chase L
I think the roof looks great and I like how the front and back look almost symmetrical. Post a picture of the bricks you went with! Don't keep us in suspense :p

I do like making people suffer. Wait a second while I go down and take a photo of the sample.
NathanRetreat298
Chase L

I do like making people suffer. Wait a second while I go down and take a photo of the sample.

House has been wrapped, windows and entry door installed. The plumber was on site earlier this week installing internal plumbing and to my amazement our bricks were delivered this morning. The electricians are on site at the moment doing the electrical rough in.
This house is coming together nicely.

Build Day 50: Our site supervisor was on site today and amazingly a fair amount of work was done! The carpenter squared up the framing, the gyprock was delivered and installation was inserted to the walls. One of my new next door neighbour sent through some footage taken from his drone. I can’t seem to be able to post the video on here but feel free to visit my Instagram. Pretty amazing. Thanks Ben!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByPmTYSHvvV ... u4g2l89b83

So the plaster has gone up and the bricks have started. So far they have bricked the garage and around the back. The termite protection installation held the brickies up.

Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum