Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Adelaide private builders

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

We are looking for recommendation for a private builder that is flexible and will allow us freedom to nominate some of the construction work to be done by our nominated trades (when I say construction I mean specifically all electrical work and possibly tiling and of course the other stuff that most builders are OK with like flooring, driveway, stormwater etc.) because we have a few friends in trades who would be willing to help us for much less than what we would pay a volume builder.

Can anybody recommend any such a builder please? I would like to find out people's experience with such build and contract and any advice. Thanks.

P.S. We are looking to build a single story house on a 450 sqm block. Total house size would be around 240sqm and the land is flat. Our build budget is around 220k.
Had a project manager builder who ran everything including invoices but I was owner builder, saved a bomb and got top trades,used mostly builders guys from 2-3 qoutes ,used a couple of my quotes which builder also checked out,this way no admin cost for changes which there were plenty, example our front porch is very big and tall,we didn't like how square it looked,we knocked down and placed on a angle a whole corner of bricks, ending up costing me 300 less than if I had left it, no admin cost,less railing needed,slightly less stonework, Extra cost was a bit of labour but overall got the look we wanted for 300 less,if it was a normal build,you would be up for thousands more,give it a go, good luck.

Joker
Had a project manager builder who ran everything including invoices but I was owner builder, saved a bomb and got top trades,used mostly builders guys from 2-3 qoutes ,used a couple of my quotes which builder also checked out,this way no admin cost for changes which there were plenty, example our front porch is very big and tall,we didn't like how square it looked,we knocked down and placed on a angle a whole corner of bricks, ending up costing me 300 less than if I had left it, no admin cost,less railing needed,slightly less stonework, Extra cost was a bit of labour but overall got the look we wanted for 300 less,if it was a normal build,you would be up for thousands more,give it a go, good luck.

Was this in Adelaide ?
If so could you PM the contact please
Not sure if SA Designer Homes would but give them a call and see. They are a small custom builder so might be more flexible. Good luck

thanks
Hi Broke and Excited,
What suburb are you building in?

Kind regards, Georgina
Sorry Mark (not brokeandexcited)
What suburb are you building in?
Kind regards, Georgina
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/07/2023
Private inspector charge by builder

Building A New House

If you already have a contract, is the inspection cost stated in there? If not they would be forced to issue you a variation which you could of course object to.

24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum