Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Need Expert advice on eaves level issue

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Thanks for reading. My new house just finished and I find out all the eaves on the upper roof are not level (Picture attached). You can see the bubble in the level went all the way to the top toward the wall side which means it is way off level and from my rough measurement it is about 20-25mm off . I checked few of my neighbours and the all of them are flat (bubble in the middle). The builder had setup scaffolding to only fix a few spot which look obvious from far. But if the eaves is built wrong, I want all to rebuild.

I need help with some advice from the professional in the build industry. I would like to know if this is within the acceptable tolerance. Do I have the right to request for a full eaves rebuild? How much it may cost to rebuild the whole eaves including the scaffolding if I have to organise my own repair in the future?

Thank you for your kind advice. Cheers.

kakulottf
Hi,

Thanks for reading. My new house just finished and I find out all the eaves on the upper roof are not level (Picture attached). You can see the bubble in the level went all the way to the top toward the wall side which means it is way off level and from my rough measurement it is about 20-25mm off . I checked few of my neighbours and the all of them are flat (bubble in the middle). The builder had setup scaffolding to only fix a few spot which look obvious from far. But if the eaves is built wrong, I want all to rebuild.

I need help with some advice from the professional in the build industry. I would like to know if this is within the acceptable tolerance. Do I have the right to request for a full eaves rebuild? How much it may cost to rebuild the whole eaves including the scaffolding if I have to organise my own repair in the future?

Will anyone go look at your eaves?
Will u stand on it?

I feel this is, going a bit too far?
Ask your private building inspector that you used for the build, they should be familiar with your build and will have first hand knowledge of the builders practices.
MyFirst
kakulottf
Hi,

Will u stand on it?

Download the NSW Standard and Tolerances.

This is an easy fix. The eaves just need to be battoned
SejaeD
MyFirst
kakulottf
Hi,

Will u stand on it?

Download the NSW Standard and Tolerances.

This is an easy fix. The eaves just need to be battoned

Thanks for your kind advice. Strangely, It seems like there are no set tolerances for eaves level in the NSW Standard and Tolerances. Few builder advice they never see a eaves like this.
MyFirst
kakulottf
Hi,

Will u stand on it?

Actually, this issue was pick up by my neighbour and later on there was a crack on the eaves fibre cement board. I worry the uneven distribution of the pressure on the eaves from the roof will crack more fibre cement board in the future which may fall if unaware.
Steve4216
Ask your private building inspector that you used for the build, they should be familiar with your build and will have first hand knowledge of the builders practices.

My builder don't allow me to use a private building inspector during the build. If not it will be discovered earlier.
kakulottf
Steve4216

My builder don't allow me to use a private building inspector during the build. If not it will be discovered earlier.

what do you mean you're builder wouldnt allow you to have a private inspector? how could they possibly stop you?
Related
22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

20/09/2023
Zero Lot Issue & Need Idea

General Discussion

You must be new to the internet. You're also the only person anyone here has ever heard of washing their garage wall. I hate to break it to you, there are insects and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum