Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cut over the easement (Drain Water) to level the backyard

Page 1 of 1
Hi Friends,

We are in difficult situation. At the moment , our backyard is bit higher & slopped(right to left) than the house slab/ level which is 600mm to 200mm high from right to left.
Due to kids safety and better usability perspective we want to cut over easement to level the yardThe easement is running along the house from front to back. Surface level from front of the house till the alfresco(house end) is leveled but in backyard its around 200-300mm high.

So the question is :

1) Are we legally allowed to cut over the easement ?
2) Build any retaining wall (600mm high) over the easement ? or we need to take the council or certifier's approval?
3) If not allowed to build our the easement, then what are my options?

We are Camden council area. Your prompt reply will be great

Regards,
AK
You can normally cut over the easement as long as any pipes still have plenty of cover (say at least 1m)

Building a retaining wall is a bit more problematic and I would suggest you talk to whoever holds the easement.
Thanks mate....any idea how deep the pipes are in drain water easement ? As I mentioned surface is leveled till the end of alfresco(home slab end) but bit high from the start of the alfresco to the back boundary line and this only once the builder cut the land for slab.
Also in my DP plan , there is clause that "No alteration to surface levels of the easements are permitted without the consent of the council"

Any thoughts on the above?
Cheers, AK
Go to Council.

They need to know and record the proposed levels before approving.

Council should be able to confirm what easement is there, either storm water or other.

Related
20/09/2023
Water around stormwater drain and concrete

Paving & Concreting

Grab a hose, insert it at the top of the inlet/down pipe and turn the water on and see where the water is escaping from. Then you'll know.

8/04/2024
Is this too low vs Cross Over/Street Level?

Building A New House

Thanks! I'm spoke to the builder I'm not sure if this is all true but basically went along the lines of they considered all options and if I was to compact and fill it…

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum