Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alfresco Location

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I am looking for some suggestions in the design of my new house which I will be building in Adelaide.

My block is 9.6m wide and 35.36m in depth and is South facing... and planning to build a 3 BR + Study+ WIP + Living+Dining and Alfresco.

I am bit confused what should be the ideal location of Alfresco.

Should I plan it on the North East corner of the house plan or at the North West corner of plan..

Thanks
I guess this would depend on what time of day you’re most likely to be using the alfresco. If you mainly use it for entertaining in the evenings for example, the west setting sun may make it very hot then, as well as glarey, so I would pick the NE side
Oh but I would also weigh it against what room is on the other side, and which is likely to be used more often.
have you considered a centrally located alfresco?
Hi, I agree also with considering a centrally located alfresco. The issue you will have on a fairly narrow block and having the alfresco on the rear is this is taking up valuable north aspect.

My suggestion if you can is to cram as much of your main living spaces into that north end, and have your alfresco somewhere central....preferrably east side, but west can also help with shading your other west side rooms.
Put your alfresco on the North West side so that the roof blocks the sun from any west facing windows.

Try to incorporate a North facing window from your living room that has no roof cover.

Under the roof line and next to the living space- I'm with @amilelka
Related
29/06/2023
Location manhole access

Rental Property

do you have a flat metal roof

17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House