Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Show me your Colorbond Ironstone Roofing...Please.

Page 1 of 1
Hey fellow BM's if anyone is building/built there home with Colorbond color Ironstone for there roofing. Could you pretty please with sugar on toast put up a pic, or directly to blog
Very much appreciated.
Sorry it's not mine, but here's one I found on the internet:

What's a BM?
donuts
Sorry it's not mine, but here's one I found on the internet:

What's a BM?

Thanks Donuts, BM = Board Member
We've just had ours done... see blog below.
Hope that helps..
Clarity
Hope that helps..

Excellent Clarity thankyou, did find that when the sun hits the roof its gives a more blue or purple look. Beautiful house by the way
Snake
Clarity
Hope that helps..

Excellent Clarity thankyou, did find that when the sun hits the roof its gives a more blue or purple look. Beautiful house by the way

Definetly BLUE, but that might be because we've got Vic Blue bricks

(You can 'click' on the picture on the blog to enlarge, that might help with the colour)

Thanks for the comment re our house
hi snake,
heaps of photos of our ironstone roof, fascia (except front verandah) and guttering on our blog. see below. we love the colour!
Helen
MaylandsManor
hi snake,
heaps of photos of our ironstone roof, fascia (except front verandah) and guttering on our blog. see below. we love the colour!
Helen

Thanks Helen, you have a wonderful looking house the colors really mix in well with the ironstone roof
Our home currently under constuction has colourbond ironstone roofing. If your having similar gable arrangements we have noticed the material distorts on the secured edges in the heat of the day. I've also heard it can vibrate against the timber face it is secured to in severe wind conditions and it can be overcome by adding a bead of silicon behind the secured edge. You might like to talk to your builder about this. WRT the colour aspect, it definitly is a shade of deep blue that as people have indicated and is great.
Thanks Frank much appreciated.
Resurrecting this thread as I want to see more photos of Ironstone roofs!

Anyone got pics?
yup check out my blog. Our roof is ironstone.
we've used ironstone...check out our thread below.
Related
19/04/2024
Attaching roofing to brick

General Discussion

I plan on installing an undercover walkway (awning ??) from my carport to the back door as shown in sketch. I will be using Boxspan Beams and have no concerns regarding…

17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

21/02/2024
BOUNDARY FENCES: Timber Lapped and Capped OR Colorbond?

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Our boundary perimeter fences need replacing (3 sides). From everyone's experience, what would you install? Timber lapped and capped OR colorbond? Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum