Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Denver 45

Page 3 of 5
We're building a Denver 45 at the moment and we had to do the septic ourselves. Much cheaper if you do it yourself.
Congrats on a stunning house choice. I really really wanted to build this, but the width was just a touch too big to make it work for our block.

t

T

hese photos were taken on the 7th of july we have been away so had a friend take the photos for us...

These photos were taken on the 25th of july. A lot happened in the 4 weeks.
Maris

Photos Looks good Maris. It seems to be progressing really fast. It should be that long before it will be all done.

These photos were taken on the 25th of july. A lot happened in the 4 weeks.

Painting is all completed. They are yet to do a second coat of paint down the hall and too the front door, but they have advised that they will re do those just before hand over to allow for any scuff marks from moving things in and builders knocking walls etc. Bench tops went in today, and tiles were delivered to start tomorrow. They are not tiling the whole house as they wanted double as to what it was going to cost me to do ourselves.
Maris

Looking good Maris!!

Painting is all completed. They are yet to do a second coat of paint down the hall and too the front door, but they have advised that they will re do those just before hand over to allow for any scuff marks from moving things in and builders knocking walls etc. Bench tops went in today, and tiles were delivered to start tomorrow. They are not tiling the whole house as they wanted double as to what it was going to cost me to do ourselves.

Tiles going in today

more on tiles

sinks baths going in....

Boilers are in for slab heating
House looks amazing!! How much did metricon charge to extend out kitchen/family walls? This plan is on our shortlist for a new build.

Cheers
Thank you. can't remember exactly as we made quite a few changes. I think around the 50k mark but that was for all our structural changes.

update of photos
We had a massive hole cut out of one of the bedroom walls to fix a big mistake of forgetting a hot water service!

But was repaired and looks like there was never a hole there!

We did our walk through about a week ago and stuck blue tape everywhere that needed to be fixed, most of it was paint work.

Our building supervisor was happy to let us have someone come in and level the slab for our tiles to go down after hand over, and we had our tiles delivered.

We also finally had our stormwater connected! YAY!!

so all in all we are hoping to get keys in our hand on the 18th of October.... fingers crossed!
Maris
Thank you. can't remember exactly as we made quite a few changes. I think around the 50k mark but that was for all our structural changes.

Thanks not too bad really given the changes to your plan!
CBPH
Maris

Thanks not too bad really given the changes to your plan!

If it weren't for the Admin issues that Metricon have they would be a great builder but unfortunately all the departments do there own thing and no one communicates with each other, and no body had a right set of plans till this day! For us and our family needs this plan works perfect for us, was a cheapest option than doing it with subcontractors or other builders.
Yep, Metricon’s departments do their own thing. A good example of this is the large kitchen window that has the cabinets overhanging it so you can see the cabinet backs from outside. They called this mistake a “design detail” and refused to fix it until they were forced to.
Norfolk
Yep, Metricon’s departments do their own thing. A good example of this is the large kitchen window that has the cabinets overhanging it so you can see the cabinet backs from outside. They called this mistake a “design detail” and refused to fix it until they were forced to.

sounds like we weren't the only ones!
Hi Maris,

I’ve been following a couple of Denver builds as my partner and I are planning to build the Denver in the Geelong region. I just stumbled upon your journey and started going through all the posts. I then realise that you are building in a very familiar place. That is my grandparents property. I grew up there! Wow.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum