Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Engineer needed to approve retaining wall NSW North Shore

Page 1 of 1
Hi, We are building a new house with Rawson Homes via CDC in the north shore.
We need a structural engineer to certify our retaining wall plans. Can someone recommend a structural engineer please?
Are you able to change the title of this thread? [I can't recall whether this forum software allows it]

You might cast a way wider net if you can rename it "Recommendation for retaining wall structural engineer, Sydney north shore" or similar.
Retaining wall about 1m high at the maximum point.
This is pretty urgent, so I am hoping someone will be able to help.
Even more point in changing the thread title then!

I think there will be a lot more people willing to help with "getting you a structural engineer in Sydney" than there will be people who're "interested in a Rawson Homes thread and who also happen to have a structural engineer to recommend".
Hey, I can't change the title. May be I start a new thread?
I was finally able to change the title. Thanks for the heads up Frog.
Anyone can recommend a reliable engineer to approve upto 1m high retaining wall?
We have draft plans.
Desperately need help!
PM'd you
alexp79
PM'd you

Hi Alexp79, please can you recommend a structural engineer who can approve a timber retaining wall that will be constructed in close proximity to a developer concrete retaining wall in Ipswich, QLD?
Hi Wages
Welcome to the forum
You might want to try
cornellengineers
Matt frequently assists member on This forum
OT, when seeking assistance specify
Soil Type as there are many options, cost points for different retaining wall systems,
it also helps others.hth
Lowering adjacent to an existing wall maybe problematic
cornellengineers
Thanks for the recommendation StructuralBIMGuy but I'm not a big fan of timber retaining walls due to long term durability issues. I'd like to outlast the walls I specify.
Experienced landscape gardeners that build retaining walls often have their own engineers and build this price into their cost.
wages I can recommend a Brisbane engineer if you PM me.

Thanks guys I appreciate your responses. I found an engineer yesterday who will be attending site today. Will let you know how that goes.
alexp79
PM'd you

Would you also PM me the contact please.
gunny
Anyone can recommend a reliable engineer to approve upto 1m high retaining wall?
We have draft plans.
Desperately need help!

hi gunny, my house is also almost done by Rawson at north shore. I also need to build retaining walls only 600cm heigh but less then 1m from boundary.

Do i need to submit a cdc for landscape plan including retaining wall design before I start landscape after handover?

I guess I do, so do I need to get professional to draw the plan or I an sketch it myself and have an eningeer to certify it will do?
Hi Cookieng
Check with your local Council
Generally You don't require engineering drawings for low retaining walls?
hth
Related
9/05/2023
Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

General Discussion

Hi All, I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts. I…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum