Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Weep Holes

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can offer their opinion or advice on weep holes above windows.

Our builder has filled in the weep holes above our front awning windows, looks like they have been filled with render, they left enough exposed for me to dig out the 3 bottom ones but the top ones have been completely filled in and painted.

Do you think this will be a problem for any reason or should we insist they make it right ? They have advised it will involve going in through the roof by lifting the sheets off and obviously it will make a mess of the render which will need to be redone.

They say because the bottom ones are there damp shouldn’t be a problem but we have lost faith and trust in what they say so would appreciate a second opinion.

Thanks.
Related
13/06/2023
Weep holes neighbours

General Discussion

it depends on the natural ground level, if they excavated their boundary wall needed to be built as a retaining wall. If you filled, which sounds like the case then you…

27/07/2023
Weep holes required?

General Discussion

I know foam has been around since the 90's and CSR started manufacturing Hebel in 1989, so it's definitely possible

30/03/2024
Concrete apron and weep holes

General Discussion

You are correct. Just read through all the ncc rules and 75mm is the minimum requirement for me.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum