Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Timber Post Stirrup

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

There is a timber post stirrup installed for my new home's alfresco. My private inspector picked that up and stated that the bolts in the concrete should be straight down instead at an angle as shown in the photo. My builder is saying that as they couldn't put the bolts straight down, they used longer and bigger ones and placed them at an angle. Do you think that this will cause an issue in the long term?

Thanks

I
asahi_home
Hi there,

There is a timber post stirrup installed for my new home's alfresco. My private inspector picked that up and stated that the bolts in the concrete should be straight down instead at an angle as shown in the photo. My builder is saying that as they couldn't put the bolts straight down, they used longer and bigger ones and placed them at an angle. Do you think that this will cause an issue in the long term?

Thanks

I

Is that just an excuse for sloppy work?
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum